Where should I park some $$$ - I'm Canadian

accountingsucks

Recycles dryer sheets
I have some money sitting in a savings account that is earning 2.75% or 3% (Scotiabank Money Master account). I know there must be someplace that I can earn more. I know that Emigrant Direct has a good rate, but alas they do not offer their service to Canadians? What about ING? I checked their Canadian website and it has no info on current rates and emailing them yielded nothing besides contact the 1-800 number as an answer.

What about government bonds or something like that?

accountingsucks said:
What about ING? I checked their Canadian website and it has no info on current rates and emailing them yielded nothing besides contact the 1-800 number as an answer.

Call them:confused:?

What is your timeframe for using this $$? Anything less than 10 years, buy a long-term CD IMHO.

These guys are on your side of the border:
http://forums.moneysense.ca/index.jspa

They had a scheme a year or two ago by which one put one's RRSP money for the year in the least popular sector of the previous year. It did swell!

I like Moneysense. They can't find enough to fill 12 issues a year--only 6--and they like the couch potato approach (q.v.). Obviously, they won't survive. Not enough willingness to pander to the brokerage establishment. Like Don McDonald. Too much integrity to sell advertising.

Bon chance, mon ami.

I'm not sure why you couldn't find any info on ING Direct. Here's the link to their website and their current rates.

They have also introduced short term CDs that offer higher rates of return.

Have a look-see

Back
Top Bottom