Where to put $37K retirement check

Calgary_Girl said:
Hi Spanky.

The '69 Olds 442 (W-30 preferred) is my husband's dream car. He's always on the prowl to find one in good condition. He's currently restoring a '71 Cutlass and biding his time until the 442 comes along.

Hi Calgary Girl,

Good luck in finding the dream car.

I still have a couple of photos of the 442 (sky blue with white top) and the MGB (dark green).

Spanky

Anyone that likes these cars just has to take a trip to california. You cant spin around quick without knocking over a 442 or a vintage 60's mustang. It was nirvana for me when I first moved here from New England, where anything good salt rusted away years ago.

Unfortunately, the pacers, gremlins and matadors are also well in evidence.

th said:
Anyone that likes these cars just has to take a trip to california.  You cant spin around quick without knocking over a 442 or a vintage 60's mustang.  It was nirvana for me when I first moved here from New England, where anything good salt rusted away years ago.  Unfortunately, the pacers, gremlins and matadors are also well in evidence.

TH,

Find me a '62 Impala Bubbletop ( :smitten:) that the owner doesn't want an arm and a leg for it, and I'd even throw in a finders fee...

My baby was a 65 Mustang, red with dark red flames & black interior.  I practically rebuilt the entire car over the years I had it.  One of the biggest regrets in my life was selling that car.  The feeling I had just sitting at a red light while the car idled and the smell the engine had (new cars just don't have the same engine smells if that makes any sense... probably just leaking oil...  ::))

On a positive note, it helped me secure my future wife  :D

That's a GREAT avatar fire5soon (If that is what it's called)

I'm not a Ford guy, but those 'Stangs could hold their own in the 'coolness' race.

Thanks... Office Space is my favorite movie right behind the Holy Grail.

I'm generally not a Ford guy either, mainly Chevy.  But there is just something about those Mustangs.  I never lost a race in it, but then again I never picked on any Corvettes either  :cool:

Unfortunately - one of my coffee shop/doughnut stops with the 'boys' looks across at a hot rod paint shop - last trip:

Ford A/C Cobra - the first model - freshly painted - da electric blue with white stripe.

Now - that's a Ford!

fire5soon said:
I'm supposed to let her out:confused: :eek:

Uh oh, you've discovered one of the "alternative ER" methods. Shortly, all of your care and needs will be taken care of and paid in full by your state government! You will be provided with food, shelter, clothing, cable television, fully equipped workout room, and up to one hour of outside activities per day!

Not as much fun as the 'baguette maneuver', but still workable.

laurencewill said:
That or Wellesly.  Don't buy the sportscar, it screams, "I have shortcomings!"  ;)
Perhaps to a guy who majored in women's studies. To most of us they are just fun.

Mikey

mikey said:
Perhaps to a guy who majored in women's studies. To most of us they are just fun.
Mikey

Amen to that, Mikey. 

I LOVE the way my Chevelle vibrates at a stop light with my 454 huffin' under the hood.   My hood looks like it's going to shake off. Makes my heart go 'pitter patter'... :smitten:

bow-tie said:
TH,

Find me a '62 Impala Bubbletop ( :smitten:) that the owner doesn't want an arm and a leg for it, and I'd even throw in a finders fee...

I found 16 of them ranging from ~8500 to 50,000. Along with a few convertibles.

Whats the finders fee? ;)

th said:
I found 16 of them ranging from ~8500 to 50,000.  Along with a few convertibles.  Whats the finders fee? ;)

$8500 -- rats... too rich for me.  50 large!?!?!  Egads!

I'm hoping for something between 3000-5000.  Doesn't have to be a beauty... just solid, something to work with.  I know - 'and people in hell want ice water'.

Finders fee.... um... it's contingent on me being able to find one that I can afford.  Not looking so good.

Nothing in that price range. I guess you're already scratched because my minimum finders fee is 10,000. ;)

The 50k one is for a cherry white 409 with 24k original miles on it...

Here...drool...

Attachments

• 409 side.jpg
    409 side.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 409  inside.jpg
    409 inside.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 46
ooooooooo.... she's purdy.

409... 4-speed... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10000 finders fee! Yikes, take it easy on a tight-a$$ hayseed from the Midwest.

Can I interest you in this fine convertible for a mere $35k?

(god I love temptation...)

Attachments

• 490convt out.jpg
    490convt out.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 409 convt outside.jpg
    409 convt outside.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 46
bow-tie said:
10000 finders fee! Yikes, take it easy on a tight-a$$ hayseed from the Midwest.

Hey, it could be a good deal. Might be someone who uses the "mikey method" and you'll get a girl in the trunk as a bonus.

Might not be so good if she's been in there a while...:p

Perfect. Just Perfect! A wildly expensive Impy, a killer finders fee, AND another mouth to feed.

You're killin' me Smalls :'(

th said:
Can I interest you in this fine convertible for a mere $35k?

No, thank you. I am not interested in classic cars. It looks nice though.

First car was a '62 Belair, 2-dr post, 283, 2bl, 3-on-the-tree. White/red interior. Ah, the memories!!

Oldest thing I ever owned was a 64 Impala with the 250 straight six, a whole hell of a lot of rust (Boston car), no floorboards remaining under the rugs, and a trunk big enough to hold at least 8 large suitcases if it werent for the highly likely prospect of them falling through and taking out the gas tank with them on the way to the ground.

$100. Kept chugging along for about 4 months.

1937 stock Chevy Coupe - in the early 60's.

1961 Pontiac Bonneville in the early 70's. Also a 1954 Chevy Suburban in the 70's as a go fishing vehicle. They would start in winter on the days my XKE (1967) would not.

Right now I own a 1983 Ford Ranger, bought at a yard sale.
Looked cheap and saleable, so I bought it. Having some trouble
selling it and would just keep it except for the
"residual" costs (license, registration, insurance). Actually I bought it because I view it as Texas rancher chic. Unfortunately, I don't have the ranch, but I could. Wouldn't that be something?

JG

Back
Top Bottom