Where to put $37K retirement check

1955 Chevy Bel Air. Got it in Florida in 1965. Verrrry Rusty. Kept it until I shipped out. I also owned a 1956 Olds 98. Brother wrecked it. Neither one cost very much, because if they did, I could not have afforded it. I had a 1962 Dodge Dart, slant 6.

I own at 1950 GMC pick up truck with front window visor and have it registored as a farm truck. Talk about Texas ranch chic. I run it at least once a week doing light duty. It has floor starter (no soloniod), one wiper (vacuum), no seat bealts, one tail light, no back up lights, no turn signals, no speedometer, real running boards, no running lights, three on the tree, no syncromesh, a down draft tube for oil case gases, no PCV valve, I add a lead addtive to the gas, 6 volt system, and a current inspection sticker.

No plastic, all steel body oncstruction. Have owned it almost 30 years and it still runs and will run long after I am dead and buried.

Ol_Rancher said:
I own at 1950 GMC pick up truck with front window visor and have it registored as a farm truck. Talk about Texas ranch chic. I run it at least once a week doing light duty. It has floor starter (no soloniod), one wiper (vacuum), no seat bealts, one tail light, no back up lights, no turn signals, no speedometer, real running boards, no running lights, three on the tree, no syncromesh, a down draft tube for oil case gases, no PCV valve, I add a lead addtive to the gas, 6 volt system, and a current inspection sticker.

No plastic, all steel body oncstruction. Have owned it almost 30 years and it still runs and will run long after I am dead and buried.

Hey, that sound like my '83 Ford. Last time I was in Texas, I visited
a friend's ranch (he has the hat and the cattle). Anyway, he drives around
in a rust bucket S-10 Chevy, grinding the gears and spewing
hay and Angus poop as he checks out his spread. I was thinking,
"Man this is so cool. " "This guy is a millionaire and secure enough to drive
a $500 truck". Well, now I have the truck. All I need is the ranch and the
cattle :)

JG

Hey Ol_Rancher.....I see a lot of trucks in Texas with
"farm truck" plates. What are the advantages? How do you
qualify? Thanks.

JG