Where's bottom .. any humorous popular quotes to share?

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So, people have been asking where' the bottom. I heard from one who said "When everyone has lost all hope, that's the bottom."

I remember some comments of people watching the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves. The world was clearly about to end, and in the movie - they showed that the Dow fell by 50% from it's recent peak. So I suppose bottom is around 14,000-15,000 from the 29,300+ peak. Just saw this article too where investors are waiting for Dow at 15K.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dow-...lics-confidence-top-strategist-171109770.html

Stay safe and don't worry too much.

cyber888 said:
I remember some comments of people watching the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves. The world was clearly about to end, and in the movie - they showed that the Dow fell by 50% from it's recent peak. So I suppose bottom is around 14,000-15,000 from the 29,300+ peak. Just saw this article too where investors are waiting for Dow at 15K.

Perhaps Gort was really the Bear we all fear.

Klaatu barada nikto!

It's not humorous, but I seem to recall Joe Kernan from CNBC stating something like this some years ago. He was a stockbroker in 1980.
He stated that things were so bad, he & his fellow employees literally had nothing to do. No one was buying, no one was selling, no one even wanted to talk about stocks, or the stock market.

I think we are close to the bottom, but could fall a little more. Once the market stops (over)reacting to the news is when the bottom will be reached as the market will have priced in all the negative news.
It's also soon after the capitulation point where nervous investors just give up and sell out at any cost. Not sure we are there yet either.

Like to see if the market can have 2 straight days of gains.

Given the panic that is occurring now is exactly why the government will not inform the public of the existence of UFOs.

It's not humorous, but I seem to recall Joe Kernan from CNBC stating something like this some years ago. He was a stockbroker in 1980.

He stated that things were so bad, he & his fellow employees literally had nothing to do. No one was buying, no one was selling, no one even wanted to talk about stocks, or the stock market.

I’m already there! Reassuring. [emoji106]

I think we are close to the bottom, but could fall a little more. Once the market stops (over)reacting to the news is when the bottom will be reached as the market will have priced in all the negative news.
It's also soon after the capitulation point where nervous investors just give up and sell out at any cost. Not sure we are there yet either.

Once people start earnestly talking about the end of capitalism, the end of civilization, etc (I’m hearing that on podcasts right now), then we’re probably close to bottom.

This helps make that wealth inequality thing not quite so bad.

No funny quote, but a nice little song to share...

Mud on my shoes
shoes on my feet
I been walking
up and down the street
Buddy I've seen
a thing or two
How's about you?

How's about you?
ain't you been walking too?
It seems a lot of good people
been getting bad news.

How's about you?
Ain't you got nothing to say?
Oh I used to have a dollar
gonna have a dime someday.

I ain't got a nickel
I'm a broken down flat.
wish I had one of them
pork pie hats
cause this old rain's about
to soak through.
How's about you?

How's about you?
ain't you been walking too?
It seems a lot of good people
are getting bad news.

How's about you?
ain't you got nothing to say?
I'm gonna have a dime someday.

The criminal man
he ain't behind bars
he's driving one of his Cadillac cars.
I'm gonna switch sides real soon.
How's about you?

How's about you?
ain't you been hard up too?
seems a lot of good people
are getting bad news.

How's about you?

The man in the church
the men on the hill
they swear it won't hurt me
but I know it will.
And I been worried
the whole night through.
How's about you?

How's about you?
You know I used to have a dollar

'been down so long it seems like up to me. Said some wiseguy.. can't remember who.

I think perhaps regarding any bottom in the stock market it is like any high priced extreme luxury item... if you have to ask the cost you can't afford it

Attachments

• investorgraph.png
    investorgraph.png
    166 KB · Views: 61
'been down so long it seems like up to me. Said some wiseguy.. can't remember who.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Been_Down_So_Long_It_Looks_Like_Up_to_Me

Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me is a novel by Richard Fariña. First published in the United States in 1966 the novel, based largely on Fariña's college experiences and travels, is a comic picaresque story that is set in the Western United States, in Cuba during the Cuban Revolution, and at an upstate New York university. The name of the protagonist is Gnossos Pappadopoulis, a modern Odysseus. The book has become something of a cult classic among those who study 1960s or counterculture literature, and has been cited as a source of inspiration for many artists including Earl Sweatshirt.

"gloom, despair, and agony on me...deep, dark, depression, excessive misery...if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all..."

As a younger person (well, middle aged now) still in the mix of work years, I have a lot of friends getting laid off already and work freezes up. Fortunately for us I'm part of the defense industrial complex and am "safe" for now, meanwhile my wife's company makes immunoassays and tests - including a covid 19 test - and she's the regulatory director so we should weather this o.k., but unemployment is going to skyrocket. I'm not so concerned about the bottom as how long we'll stay there. I hope you all are o.k., I rarely come here anymore but wanted to check in on my old friends.

Back
Top Bottom