Will Social Security be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving back to the OP's post, and her concern about SS being gone by March due to the recent discussion of a Payroll Tax Holiday. I remind her this was done in previous administrations as well, including the elimination of the repayment of that tax relief (which is what the current administration is talking about, not elimination of the tax going forward), so take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your upcoming SS check.

Moving back to the OP's post, and her concern about SS being gone by March due to the recent discussion of a Payroll Tax Holiday. I remind her this was done in previous administrations as well, including the elimination of the repayment of that tax relief (which is what the current administration is talking about, not elimination of the tax going forward), so take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy your upcoming SS check.

Well, this statement from whitehouse.gov seems to contradict your assertion: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-press-briefing-080920/

If I’m victorious on November 3rd, I plan to forgive these taxes and make permanent cuts to the payroll tax. So I’m going to make them all permanent.

Thanks for the interesting discussion, after removing multiple posts for partisan politics we have decided that this thread has run its course. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom