Winning the lottery becomes a nightmare

I vaguely remember a local Louisiana tv blurb about restoring a patch of wetlands/doing an animal sanctuary/etc.

It was casually mentioned in passing that the woman could afford all this beside she won 'a mere' 20 mil in the lottery (a while back) and was doing a good job investing the money.

Note - that it was a wildlife channel and no details on investing or other lifestyle choices.

I wonder how many 'ho-hum' non newsworthy winners are out there?

heh heh heh

The guy about 5 miles up the street from me won the lottery ( a couple million about 15 years ago). To celebrate he threw a big party and hired his friend to do a stunt show with his plane over the property during the party...the plane ended up nose-diving into the ground and burned the pilot beyond recognition - all in front of the crowd, including the wife and children of the pilot....

That sort of tainted the whole "I won the lottery euphoria..."

Yes, it sounds fishy. Truth be know the guy is just greedy and wants to discourage everyone from buying lottery tickets to better his odds of winning again. You bet. That’s the reason.

runnerr

If I won the lottery I would set up a Swiss bank account and have the money wired there, and hire some stiff to appear for the cameras..........:)

Friends of the family won $4 million about 10 years ago.

Usually you hear of people winning that don't really "deserve" it (i.e. 18 years old, etc. and you just know that in a few years there won't be a penny left) but this couple really did. The husband was on long-term disability with a bad back and the wife worked nights cleaning banks. The only big purchases they made were a $500K house and a new car (nothing fancy).

Back
Top Bottom