Woo-Hoo!!!

I put up a sticky note to rebalance a little next week from bonds to stocks. Too late? Who me, thinking about market timing.

I've been re-balancing from stocks to bonds all through the market rally. I just looked at my balance and the hit was not so bad.:) Personally I think the market will continue to go up, however, I have decided to change my asset allocation due to a change in my risk tolerance. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice"...well you know how it goes.;)

I've been re-balancing from stocks to bonds all through the market rally. I just looked at my balance and the hit was not so bad.:) Personally I think the market will continue to go up, however, I have decided to change my asset allocation due to a change in my risk tolerance. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice"...well you know how it goes.;)

Me too. I finally found my comfort level to be around 50/50. Probably a bit conservative for some, but that's just me

Any betting on further advances is at base speculative betting on government interventions. Robert Shiller was interviewd about 10 days ago; according to his metric the S&P is 30% overvalued right now.

It can certainly go way up from here, after all according to Shiller's figures the S&P was over 100% overvalued at the 2000 peak. But it's like Napolean's advance into Russia. Couldn't know how far it would go, but it was a pretty good bet that it would fail sooner or later. :)

Ha

Yes, occasionally I wonder, why don't I just do a mix of Wellesley/Wellington and be done? I have another 14 funds as part of my AA (a little of this, a little of that) But what the hell do I really gain by that?

Nothing.

I went the other way to create my own personal MF. I want to make my own sausage. :)

Back
Top Bottom