Woohoo!

Vincenzo Corleone

Full time employment: Posting here.
Hey y'all,

According to Firecalc, DW and I can retire in another 10 years (when I'm 48) with a 97% success rate!  WOOHOO!!!  And since DW and I plan on working part-time in our retirement years, we should be OK.  8)  This is assuming, however, that our incomes and savings rate will not decrease at all in the next 10 years.

I'm psyched!

Vincenzo Corleone said:
Hey y'all,

According to Firecalc, DW and I can retire in another 10 years (when I'm 48) with a 97% success rate!  WOOHOO!!!  And since DW and I plan on working part-time in our retirement years, we should be OK.  8)  This is assuming, however, that our incomes and savings rate will not decrease at all in the next 10 years.

I'm psyched!

It also assumes you are alive. Sorry!

JG

Congrats!

And don't forget that every $4000 you can cut from your annual spending means about $100,000 you won't need to accumulate - thus hitting that ER date even earlier.

I'm not suggesting you quit doing what you want just to cut expenses so you can retire -- that would defeat the purpose of ER -- but if you don't expect to need that 2nd car, etc...

Heh heh heh heh heh

Since I stumbled into ER by accident via layoff in 1993:

Hindsight says - it's amazing what you can do with spending when you treat it as a research challenge/engineering problem. I'm still proud of my one year 12k budget - even though nobody else in the household was impressed.

Bottom line - you have way more control over spending than you may think - versus say perhaps portfolio growth.

dory36 said:
Congrats!

And don't forget that every $4000 you can cut from your annual spending means about $100,000 you won't need to accumulate - thus hitting that ER date even earlier.

I'm not suggesting you quit doing what you want just to cut expenses so you can retire -- that would defeat the purpose of ER -- but if you don't expect to need that 2nd car, etc...

Thanks, Dory.  Good to know.  I'm really glad that I quit smoking!  Think of all the money saved! (not to mention the health benefits)

MRGALT2U said:
It also assumes you are alive.  Sorry!

Cruel. Very cruel.

Funny! But cruel.

Thanks Dory-I did not know that either. I really need to start tracking where our money goes. It is such a pain and my DH does not like to hear it, but I know we could easily cut $4000.00 out of our budget and probably alot more than that! We need to eliminate the fourth and fifth vehicle!!

Dreamer

Back
Top Bottom