Your auto- what you're driving now

Remember, the average "Joe" is not going to mess with advanced engine tuning as it is will void any factory warranty. This stuff is typically sold to enthusiasts.

ots maps are pretty weak, I know cobbs are. My FXT has a custom cobb dyno/protune done at a tuning shop in town.

Gas or diesel doesn't change the tune mission very much except that today's turbos on diesels do not have a waste gate but use a variable vane setup. No tuner I have talked to, and some tuners sell both diesel and gasoline engine tunes, really won't guarantee any reliability associated with engine internals.

However, they will not sell you a tune that they feel is detrimental to internal engine problems without warning you that you could compromise stock connecting rods or pistons (as an example).

Remember, the average "Joe" is not going to mess with advanced engine tuning as it is will void any factory warranty. This stuff is typically sold to enthusiasts.

You can't void a factory warranty, impossible and has never happened according to leading attorney in that area. But they can deny claims on reasonably associated failures, which is more/less the same thing to an extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

You can't void a factory warranty, impossible and has never happened according to leading attorney in that area. But they can deny claims on reasonably associated failures, which is more/less the same thing to an extent.

ask any of the subaru guys in Dallas how many of them had warranty work denied because they had a downpipe or a cai installed - lots

ask any of the subaru guys in Dallas how many of them had warranty work denied because they had a downpipe or a cai installed - lots

+1, previously owned an STI, didn't mod it, although was exploring that and I heard the same thing, although I suppose if an owner wanted to press the warranty issue legally, they would at least have to prove the upgrade didn't affect the component that is related to their warranty claim.

Of course, but that isn't a voided warranty, there is a difference.

I guess "void" was the wrong word by me. Clearly, and with personal experience here, the auto dealers will refuse to process a claim for a warranty issue if they detect ECU modification from OEM or obvious physical equipment alterations.

my new daily - '95 firehawk #456

hawk.jpg

lifted turbo ski rig with truck in background

20141024_115958.jpg

the cover of the headlight hits the hood a little bit

thanks I'll try that

I just put the 2011 Ranger 4x4 on CL and already have two people that want to look at it

I guess 8K miles is a selling point

Very nice!

Congrats on finding one so clean and a convertible too. Pontiac made only a small number of Firehawk coverts in 1995.

Thanks! I think just over 100

It handles WAY different than my subarus

Back
Top Bottom