Your best nvestments

best investment is my wifes family llc she inheirited..........9 apartments in a co-op over looking central park in what turned out to be a very prestigious nyc address............so far we wold 5 of the 9 anywhere from 900,000 to 2.1 million depending on the apartment...problem is there are rent stabilized tenants in them and we cant sell them until the tenents are out....the tenents that moved accepted 50,000 cash to move so we could sell them...the remaining tenents may outlive us ha ha ha

mathjak107 said:
problem is there are rent stabilized tenants in them and we cant sell them until the tenents are out....the tenents that moved accepted 50,000 cash to move so we could sell them...the remaining tenents may outlive us ha ha ha

Have you raised the cash offer to $100k+. If the market begins to cool down significantly, you could lose a heck of a lot more than $100k.

If all else fails, I have some Louisville bats for rent. Arms to wield them would be extra. :D ;)

Best investments:
Exercising stock options with my TV production company/later on-line travel agency in San Francisco. Never thought it would be worth much when I bought in the mid-80s but when it finally went public in the mid-90s it was worth six figures. Cashed out a few years ago.

The other investments: real estate. Sold a house in Sacramento exactly a year ago and bought a great house in Arizona for below market value (sellers needed to quickly move to Florida to help aging parents). Was able to pay cash so no mortgage, thank goodness.

Bought a one-acre view lot in increasingly trendy Tubac, Arizona for $37,500 in early 2005 and a comparable lot one street over is today on the market for $225,000. Of course, real estate is only a great investment when you sell and pocket the profits. Think I might sell in the not too distant future since I believe my job will end in early 2007--budget cuts and I'll need the cash to RE a year before I had planned to. Yoiks...

brewer12345 said:
OK, now that we have had the wail of sorrows investment thread, how about some examples of really outstanding investments to balance things out?  But not everyone can say "g*ld"...

My husband's best investment was me. So was mine.

Have you raised the cash offer to $100k+. If the market begins to cool down significantly, you could lose a heck of a lot more than $100k.

yeah, a no brainer ... what are ya wait'n for?

Back
Top Bottom