Your checks are coming 4/17

I got a lot of checks when I was in school. They did not do me much good.

Teacher: Chucky, you goofball! Gor throwing an eraser at Melinda you get a check.

Me: Thank you sir, but I'd rather have cash.

Haven’t really decided what to do with anything we receive. Only requirement is that anything we buy has to be of U.S. origin, preferrably locally made.

If you have a favorite restaurant and it is still managing to stay open handing out take-out food, you might stuff a bit of the check money into the tip jar. These people are hurting.

If you have a favorite restaurant and it is still managing to stay open handing out take-out food, you might stuff a bit of the check money into the tip jar. These people are hurting.

Did that Monday at the hole-in-the-wall hamburger joint we go to occasionally. The owner is a one man operation. He was happy to get our call in order. Gave a $50 tip on a $14 tab. He was very grateful. We have a few other local shops that we'll do the same.

100% agree with this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that any of the tip money will make it to the employees that have been laid off.

100% agree with this. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that any of the tip money will make it to the employees that have been laid off.

No, it won’t but hopefully it will help the business survive and re-hire the most affected employees when things revive.

Just sent in my return and check last week. (According to my USPS tracking number, they received it today.) That should help cover payments to about 10 stimulus check recipients.

I wonder if the IRS folks are at work, at least depositing checks that are sent in?

You’ll see how quickly it is deposited!

Well I can now confirm someone is at least opening the mail at the IRS and depositing checks. They received my return (and check) on Monday and the check cleared today.

Last time I checked, I was down about $402K YTD, and maybe $497K off my 2/19 peak, so YAY, $700! :dance:

The IRS called today , just needed my social security number and bank account number.

Really nice fellow. Had a British sounding acent. Said he works in the office of special credits.

He said I should keep checking my online account for the credit.

Mine should show up as a direct deposit by midnight Lagos time.

I want mine in toilet paper.

You and a lot of others. My Mom refused my offer to mail her some, so I'm sure she is down to tissue/ napkins...

Where can one score beans and rice?

Not around here, that's for sure! Remember, the Houston area has huge Hispanic and Asian populations.

Gone here as well, although I bet if you haunted the Latino markets or hit up the farm markets they would probably have it. I tend to buy both by the 25 or 50 pound sack, so no worries here.

I just got both at HEB on 99/ Rayford (Spring, TX). I already had a lot of Jasmine, but we eat a lot of rice & I've been looking for brown, which I found today- yay! I always have a bunch of beans. Good, easy, cheap, healthy, and we like most kinds.

No, it won’t but hopefully it will help the business survive and re-hire the most affected employees when things revive.

I agree. We've missed dining out, so have had take out more often than usual & tipped a bunch. Our servers work for practically free- it is shameful.

Glad I don’t have to worry about finding beans and rice. We no longer eat them much. Hubby is at his lowest weight since 1991. I’ve dropped 30# since 12/1, would like to lose at least 45 more.

I’m Surprised that people still mail in paper tax returns. It’s the state ones that always baffle me, so we e-file to make that less puzzling. It’s getting a lot costlier, though (to e-file), if you’re not under a pretty low income level.

I’m Surprised that people still mail in paper tax returns. It’s the state ones that always baffle me, so we e-file to make that less puzzling. It’s getting a lot costlier, though (to e-file), if you’re not under a pretty low income level.

I still mail my returns in. I always owe money, so I'm in no hurry. Plus I figure processing them is probably annoying to them, as doing them is to me. And we don't have state taxes in FL. If I was going to get a refund I'd probably e-file.

Huh, I thought I was the only one that did things like that! :LOL:
Me too, but I only send paper to the state...it's just more time, effort and cost for me to do a paper Federal since the tax software makes it so easy. But I'm not PAYING for a state program (that simply moves a couple of values off of the federal, onto the state).

My point (related to tax software), is that I've never trusted "them" with my routing and account number, so when I file electronically, if they owe me, I get a check in the mail. True, "anyone" can look on the bottom of my paper check and see my routing and account number, but at least my numbers are not in a database that will be hacked sooner or later.

So, since they don't have my routing and account numbers, I'm "expecting" a paper check. I saw a few posts back they were to start mailing some in a couple of days. Not that it matters much to me, when, exactly, it gets here. Fungibility, if that's a word, is what's happening. If my cash flow situation was such that this payment would make a difference, I couldn't sleep.

I made too much to get any of the free money. *sigh* :(

I got a lot of checks when I was in school. They did not do me much good.

Teacher: Chucky, you goofball! Gor throwing an eraser at Melinda you get a check.

Me: Thank you sir, but I'd rather have cash.

ahhh, Assertive Discipline (Lee Canter). That was the classroom discipline model of the 70's, 80's and into the 90's

Back
Top Bottom