Your opinion,please?

roger

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hello:
Thanks much for your replies,and I'm sorry for the delay in replying,I do not have a computer,use libraries.
It is a portfolio suggested by Vanguard's financial
planner and I'm in the process of evaluating it,therefore
my request for your opinion.As posted it was a portfolio
and subdivision of the same.In actuality there are only two:Taxable which is
Vanguard Total Stock market
" International 28%
" Short Term-Corporate Bond
IRA consists of
Vanguard Windsor 2Fund
Vanguard US Growth Fund........................ 12%
Vanguard Explorer
" Strategic Equity
" Intermediate Term bond Index bond
"Long Term Corporate Fund
" High Yield corporate Fund
If not Vanguard US Growth which would you recommend
as a substitute?.Thanks for your patience and your time.
Hope I havenot forgotten any detail.Many thanks again for your help........see you all soon!

You might apply some simplicity to this by just buying vanguards lifestrategy income, conservative or moderate funds. Perhaps the income in your taxable account and the conservative or moderate in your IRA, or maybe the other way around depending on whether realizing dividends or capital gains will be more appropriate for your tax situation.

These funds hold some total stock market, some bond market, some short term corporate, some asset allocation (which switches between stock and bond depending on market conditions), and in some cases a small foreign stock element.

Low cost and simple, just cash the dividend checks and if needed, sell a few shares once or twice a year.

Hi Roger - The friend I mentioned that also had these funds recommended by Vanguard shared his concerns about US Growth with his V representative. They agreed to use Growth Index instead.
Regards, Bill

Back
Top Bottom