3 years retired

madsquopper

Recycles dryer sheets
Retired 3 years ago on the Ides of March (tomorrow). So far it's gone pretty much as planned, other than the covid nuisance which has severely cut back traveling, but had the benefit of cutting expected spending.

My main concern when I retired was Sequence of Returns Risk, at least for the 5 years between when I retired and when I plan on taking SS at maximum (age 70). So far so good, as my portfolio is larger now than when I started, even with the current unpleasantness. I did begin with a good cushion (which was my plan) in that my withdrawal rate was only around 2.8% and will reduce to about 1.4% once SS starts in a year and a half.

Now I need some consistent good weather to work on my golf game.

Congrats to you. Retirement is great. 4.5 years for me.

I've already had my "Hexaversary"

every New Years is an anniversary of freedom

Congratulations. I've been a free man for a bit over 4 yrs now. Best 4 years since I was in college, and went by just as fast--time flies when you having fun. Got thru the sequence risk phase pretty much unscathed, even after spending more than planned, have 1.5x what DW and I started with. The investment gods have been kind.

Great golf weather in Northern Florida about all year though it hasn't helped my score much.

I am in my 2nd week of retirement and appreciate the posts on how it is going later on. So far, sleeping better as not having to worry about deadlines or getting up at 5AM. Some times I have to check what the day is and always try and do one productive thing every day (Advice from here). I am loving it and glad to hear you are 3 years down the pike.

Happy Anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom