40% Retired

jjquantz

Full time employment: Posting here.
Effective yesterday, I am at 60% status :dance: for the next several months as my organization phases out my programs and completes its strategic planning process. This means no w*rk on Tuesdays and Fridays. So today I got up and walked 18 holes of golf, home at 10:15, lunch with DW, off to a music class I'm taking and now I think that I will spend the evening on the patio with a glass of wine. The hard thing is not checking the w*rk email, but I have warned the office that I will NOT be checking. I don't want them to be able to suck me back into a w*rk frame of mind when I am not at w*rk.

100% retirement should occur by September 30.

Well done! Congratulations!!

Too bad you couldn't have made it Mondays and Fridays so every weekend would be a 4-day weekend but you'll be 100% before you know it.

I negotiated Tuesdays and Fridays for now for 2 reasons: 1) There is a musical group that meets on Tuesday afternoons that I would like to join and 2) I have been working remotely with a client on Tuesdays for the last several months so the office is accustomed to me being out of the office those days.

Oh, also, DW teleworks on Fridays and Mondays. I have found that I am sometimes a bit underfoot when she is on a conference call. Apparently she doesn't want my harpsichord playing to be the background music for her calls. We think that separating out our at home days will make the transition a little easier

And also, DW says that people seem to interpret "Fridays and Mondays" more generously than "Mondays and Fridays". She claims that they hear it as occurring in 2 different weeks.

Sounds like a nice schedule. I hope it works out for you. I go into the office one day a week now, and I work about an hour or two a day from home the rest of the week, so I would say I'm about 70% retired at this point. I like having something to do one day a week to keep my brain challenged. The rest of the week is play time. The combination seems to work very nicely. I hope you find the same.

Congratulations! Just make sure they don't expect you to do 5 days of work in 3 days. But it sounds like you are setting boundaries to prevent that from happening.

Congratulations! Just make sure they don't expect you to do 5 days of work in 3 days. But it sounds like you are setting boundaries to prevent that from happening.

Don't tell anybody, but I wasn't doing 5 days of work in 5 days. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom