70F year-round

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
For all of you wanting to move somewhere "not too hot, not too cold," here is a map showing where you need to live - RV optional but recommended:

70-Degree Weather Every Day - CityLab

Attachments

• 70 temp.jpg
    70 temp.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 144
That's neat. I've talked with a friend about taking a "fall weather" vacation, similar idea. We both like the crisp fall weather, we could follow it from Canada/Maine in very early fall, down the coast for a while.

I suppose there are similar "fall color" maps.

-ERD50

That looks like a nice drive!

I would like to do something like that someday and hey maybe even in an RV as we have the dogs. Dogs can stay with a house sitter for a couple of weeks, but I would get nervous after that. Or wait until the dogs die and go then.

I would really like to take a year and "drive around the USA"

I like it! I was looking for a new snowbird driving route from Chicago to Phoenix. This one is perfect - take off May 15 and get to Phoenix on December 15 thereabouts.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

That's fun. DW wants a similar map for 80 degrees.

Sent from my K01A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Great route - but it looks like one heck of a drive New Years Day to start the loop over again.

I think I'd prefer one that was about 73 degrees... Can we get one of those...

Or I can just stay here in San Diego where the temps are "close enough" year round. :)

DW and I are beginning a year-long drive around all 50 states in three weeks. Well, 49 states, then flying to Hawaii in August 2017. We got a class B RV in January and have been experimenting with a variety of week-long trips. First leg will be to Alaska through Canada, and then into the southwest for early winter. After Xmas with the family in the Bay Area we'll head east; still working on that itinerary. The 70-degree route looks like a great trip, though after the big year I'd like to maybe try Route 66 first. Time will tell.

DW and I are beginning a year-long drive around all 50 states in three weeks. Well, 49 states, then flying to Hawaii in August 2017. We got a class B RV in January and have been experimenting with a variety of week-long trips. First leg will be to Alaska through Canada, and then into the southwest for early winter. After Xmas with the family in the Bay Area we'll head east; still working on that itinerary. The 70-degree route looks like a great trip, though after the big year I'd like to maybe try Route 66 first. Time will tell.

Sounds like a great trip! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

For me, it might be fun to do this once (maybe), but I need more than nice (stable) temps to enjoy myself when I go somewhere. That's why we do the snowbird thing......spring through fall in Michigan (our home), winter on the Texas Gulf Coast(rental house). In both places, the weather is reasonable (most of the time), and I have lots of things to occupy my time, so I am never bored. Plus, I'm not a big fan of driving, so being on the road all the time would get old in a hurry.

A 9,000-mile trip over 12 months is not too bad.

I did a 9,000-mile trip from the southwest to Nova Scotia and back in 2 months in late summer of 2014. The temperature ranged from the low 100F to near freezing, hence was not at all at the constant 70F.

We're doing this one in 2018-2019 --- by boat. Should be able to get close to maintaining reasonable temps.

map4x4_a1.jpg

A 9,000-mile trip over 12 months is not too bad.

I did a 9,000-mile trip from the southwest to Nova Scotia and back in 2 months in late summer of 2014. The temperature ranged from the low 100F to near freezing, hence was not at all at the constant 70F.

For kicks and giggles this would be a fun route. You just hit a certain location each month. There is a lot to explore in between.

A fellow I knew had this figured out, without all the travel required. Move to near the equator, so as to have minimal seasonal changes. Then pick the altitude that has your preferred temperature.

Too bad the place he found mountainous enough to suit was Venezuela.

Hmmm..... as an alternative, I'd rather set the climate control in my Venza to 70F and just drive around close to home.

Hmmm..... as an alternative, I'd rather set the climate control in my Venza to 70F and just drive around close to home.

Hmmm. Everyone I have ever met that lived in New Orleans has complained about the crime. I would take the 10,000 mile route.

We're doing this one in 2018-2019 --- by boat. Should be able to get close to maintaining reasonable temps.

Which State are you starting from and going which way ?

Also, why not go into lake Superior ?

I couldn't figure out your route, maybe put some arrows on the line.

By the way that is an amazing idea. I've often joked to DW we could boat from Chicago to St. Lawrence river and out to ocean and down to FL, but she says I'd get tired of paddling ..

San Jose Costa Rica. Hottest Month avg high is 80, Coldest month Avg high is 75. For lows the number is 60 in the coldest months and 62 in the hottest month. You would not need an RV, only your two legs.

Which State are you starting from and going which way ?

Also, why not go into lake Superior ?

I couldn't figure out your route, maybe put some arrows on the line.

By the way that is an amazing idea. I've often joked to DW we could boat from Chicago to St. Lawrence river and out to ocean and down to FL, but she says I'd get tired of paddling ..

We live in NC right now. The typical route is to Winter in/around FL and start making your way North in the Spring. Summer up North/Canada, and start heading South through Chicago/St. Louis in the Fall, ending up back in FL.

This is just one route map that I quickly copied from online. There are *MANY* side-trips, etc. that include other areas, e.g., Superior. You are only limited by the navigable waterways in the US. Here is another map with "side trips":
Side-Trips-Map.jpg

The key to the whole thing is to go SLOW and enjoy. Google "Great Loop" and you'll see 1000's of web sites full of info, travel logs, and the AGLCA.

Ray
---- "If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!" - Cap't Ron

Back
Top Bottom