Join Early Retirement Today

A Good Retired Morning
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A Good Retired Morning

Slept in this morning, nothing important to do. It is cloudy so the early light didn't wake me. A couple of cups of good coffee, Green Day on the stereo, some bacon, fried eggs and a nice salmon filet garnished with parsely and now I feel good!!!

Ha
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Slept in this morning, nothing important to do.
Ha
I did that yesterday! Oh, yeah, and today also! Hey wait a minute......I've been doing that (with VERY few exceptions) for 4 months!!! Life is great!!!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

Oh-h-h, how I wanted to sleep in this morning, then get up for a relaxed breakfast & coffee.

But no! It was up by 4:40, make coffee to wake up, grab a bowl of Cheerios, and fight it out with the other commuters before the roads get overloaded.

This has GOT to change. And soon. (This Forum is a bad good influence on me.)
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #4

thanks for the torture encouragement.
I would not have anyone adopt my mode of living...but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father's or his mother's or his neighbor's instead. Thoreau, Walden
Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
thanks for the tortureencouragement.
Trust me, it's our pleasure to be of service!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightasadrum View Post

But no! It was up by 4:40, make coffee to wake up, grab a bowl of Cheerios, and fight it out with the other commuters before the roads get overloaded.
4:40?! Wow, it must be awfully dark and lonely at that time of night morning! At least you can be thankful that you have all of those fellow commuters to keep you company on your journey!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Slept in this morning, nothing important to do. It is cloudy so the early light didn't wake me. A couple of cups of good coffee, Green Day on the stereo, some bacon, fried eggs and a nice salmon filet garnished with parsely and now I feel good!!!

Ha
Fried Eggs? Bacon? Salmon? Of course, you took your Lipitor. Well, that makes it all right.

Life is good, and ER Life is better.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Ha
"I hope you had the time of your life..."

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #9

Today was the latest I slept in.. I don't get up for work until 6:40. I had to get up at 6:30 on Saturday to get over with the other volunteers to paint someone's house and garage.

Nothing like painting for 7 hours in a drizzle!

Ahh well, only 10 years to go!
Webzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Gone but not forgotten

When I was working I used to get up at 5:15 to be there for 6:30 .Now I laze in bed until 8:30 or 9 then a good cup of coffee and the crossword to get my mind going .Retirement is great !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
When I was working I used to get up at 5:15 to be there for 6:30 .Now I laze in bed until 8:30 or 9 then a good cup of coffee and the crossword to get my mind going .Retirement is great !
Same here with the 5:15 & 6:30 routine......I sure do miss that! NOT!!!

Now I wake up whenever, listen to the radio or flip on the TV to check for good old westerns, and then I normally crawl outta bed about 8am, get cleaned up and dressed, have a light breakfast, check email, and then head out to meet the gang for coffee about 9:30. After that.......even more of whatever I feel like!

Once in a great while, I'll get up around 5:00, head out for an early breakfast, and watch all of those doomed souls heading for the rock pile folks who are not yet retired going off for another joy filled day at w*rk.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Hey! What's the deal? You guys want to make us poor working stiffs (ER Wannabes) jealous?
chinaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #13

I guess living in the cornfields has one benefit...I get up at 7 am to be at work at 8 am...okay, maybe 8:05 am.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
I guess living in the cornfields has one benefit...I get up at 7 am to be at work at 8 am...okay, maybe 8:05 am.
I sure don't miss my loooong commute everyday! I had to drive 2 whole miles....for 30+ years!!! There was even one traffic light to deal with for the last 20 years! Sometimes traffic would be so bad in the morning, that it would take me more than 5 minutes to get to my parking space! I'll tell you what.....having to commute back and forth everyday sure was tedious!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #15
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I too had the 0515 alarm to get to work at 0630; sometimes I hear the neighbor leaving for work at 0530, but I go back to sleep.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #16

Threads like this should have a "Code Green" warning.

"Warning! This thread is likely to make the non-ER'd among you green with envy."
spncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 AM   #17
gone traveling

It was a 100 on the beach yesterday down here in north carolina and the dewpoint was 79. It was sooooo nasty we left!! That was at 11am!!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
I sure don't miss my loooong commute everyday! I had to drive 2 whole miles....for 30+ years!!! There was even one traffic light to deal with for the last 20 years! Sometimes traffic would be so bad in the morning, that it would take me more than 5 minutes to get to my parking space! I'll tell you what.....having to commute back and forth everyday sure was tedious!

LOL!! Me, too. I live a mile and a half from work, and although there are five lights, I can usually make it in 6 minutes. Once I hit all the lights and made it in 5 minutes (ONCE in all these years).

My alarm is set for 5:30 and I can shower, dress, brush my hair, make coffee, grab my gym bag, and get to work by 6:00. But the worst thing is that on the weekends, when I am off, I often awaken at 5:30 anyway.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #19

Worked at the office from 9-4 yesterday. Went home and worked my side job from 9-1. Woke up at 5:30 (alarm doesn't go off until 6:30, guess I just didn't need to sleep any more). wife woke up before the alarm too, 6:00. Turned out to be a good thing, but I'd much rather not have the job.
Webzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #20

Funny thing though...

Many of us are scanning this site, some of us are posting... So everybody here is pretty much doing the same thing.

Yet some of us are getting paid and some are not.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote