Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-20-2021, 09:38 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

With that pandemic going on, I can hardly keep track of what day of the week it is anymore, but I remember my Sunday evening blues. I usually felt so good Friday afternoon, and Saturday was pretty good, but Sunday got hard in the evening...
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2021, 07:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm99 View Post
With that pandemic going on, I can hardly keep track of what day of the week it is anymore, but I remember my Sunday evening blues. I usually felt so good Friday afternoon, and Saturday was pretty good, but Sunday got hard in the evening...

Itís amazing to not really look forward to the weekends. Iím not complaining, but itís a fact thereís more traffic and people to contend with when shopping, driving, out for a walk or out for lunch, and I have to wait for Monday for my daily podcast episodes. Iíll gladly take the trade, though!
Markola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:15 PM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

I love Mondays! Love to get up early because it's peaceful and I like to check out the stock market. Almost everyone on my street works 8 or 9 to five I think so it's very quiet. I really enjoy Sunday mornings, because everyone is either sleeping late or at church. I find it's one of the best times to go to the grocery store if you go fairly early. It's nice to not be in a hurry to do anything or to be anywhere or to be stressed about anything except the occasional things that might pop up. I get out mostly sun-thurs because I don't like the way drivers are rushing around on fri and sat. It didn't take me long to adjust to seeing others working while I'm not, though.
Blue531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

I never HATED the upcoming start of the workweek.
But after the first few years of retirement, you learn to sidestep busy times for certain activities.

Head to the beach on a 90-degree Saturday?
Well, a 90-degree Thursday might be better for that.

I do a bit of hiking and mountain biking, exploring different places around my metropolitan area.
I live on the north side of my metro area, so if I go to a place on the southerly side for the day, I might encounter rush hour traffic on my return at 5 pm.
So things like that need to be dealt with...
TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markola View Post
It’s amazing to not really look forward to the weekends. I’m not complaining, but it’s a fact there’s more traffic and people to contend with when shopping, driving, out for a walk or out for lunch, and I have to wait for Monday for my daily podcast episodes. I’ll gladly take the trade, though!
As more and more folks venture out, I have noticed a distinct uptick in people in the stores, so I am back to my "retiree drive time" which means I don't go on any errands unless it's Mon-Fri between 10a and 2p. Tuesday is my favorite day and seems to be the quietest

I can always tell when it's the weekend because there is a LOT more noise out in the neighborhood. Lawn mowers, trimmers, chain saws but Monday morning? Put peaceful bliss.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #26

I never had Monday morning issues, because since 1998 I worked in the hospital, often at night. For three years I did only nights, working a 24 hour shift every other Sunday, followed by an entire week off. I loved Monday mornings then!

Approaching my 2-year anniversary of ER. Weekday mornings are for shopping, weekdays are for hiking (not crowded). Weekend mornings are for walks-no traffic once I leave the neighborhood for a local creekside trail. Every morning is coffee time and posting on E-R forum.
EastWest Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:47 AM   #27

Only Mondays that challenged me at work where the ones preceding the surprise Thursday or Friday "we need you in such-and-such location next Monday to deal with a situation" call from management. The travel, Sunday night strategy meeting with the rest of the team (if any) that also traveled in, and the Monday morning meeting where 90% of the time the issue was not what we were told was always an adventure .

I like Mondays now when the "feels like" temperature is 40 degrees or higher because I almost never golf on the weekends due to the crowds, and the courses I primary golf at have very light attendance Monday mornings.