An Anniversary I'm Glad NOT To Be Celebrating!

scrabbler1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If I hadn't retired back in 2008, today I would be celebrating the start of my 35th year of working. Even back in July of 2008, with my ER plans in full stride, I knew the day acknowledging start of my 24th year of working would be the last anniversary day of that type.

It's much more fun to acknowledge the anniversary day of my LAST day of work, Halloween, October 31st, 2008. Trick or Treat, it was all Treat! :dance:

Congrats on ten wonderful years - you have a new, happier anniversary to mark!

Interesting. I celebrate BOTH my start date (now 50+ years) and retirement date (now approaching 14 years.) I guess we're all different so YMMV.

If I hadn't retired back in 2008, today I would be celebrating the start of my 35th year of working. Even back in July of 2008, with my ER plans in full stride, I knew the day acknowledging start of my 24th year of working would be the last anniversary day of that type.

It's much more fun to acknowledge the anniversary day of my LAST day of work, Halloween, October 31st, 2008. Trick or Treat, it was all Treat! :dance:

Congratulations, Scrabbler! :D

Like Koolau, my retirement anniversary and the anniversary of my first day at work, both fall on the same day, more or less. Well OK, to be precise I retired on 11/9 and began working there on 11/7, close enough.

Oddly enough, I don't think about my "start" anniversary too often. I do remember that Atlanta had one of its worst snow storms a couple weeks after I started basic training and I was mad as hell that I was stuck in San Antonio missing it!

I do always remember my retirement date, though! That is the IMPORTANT ONE!

Had I not retired, I would be on year 26 in the Air Force. Blah!!! No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom