Join Early Retirement Today

Another Reason to Love Being FIREDd
Old 07-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Another Reason to Love Being FIREDd

School will be back in session soon, so parents are starting the rituals of shopping, planning, and all that other 'fun' stuff. What does that mean for me? It means having the neighborhood pool all to myself for the last 3 hours today and 4 hours yesterday! The peace and quiet (well except for the geese that are next door at the lake) is simply wonderful.

uploadfromtaptalk1468940411603.jpg

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

+1
I've been swimming laps early to avoid the crowds and birthday parties. Can't wait to have the pool to myself soon.
Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

Just think, the National & State Parks & local lakes won't be so busy in another 4 to 6 weeks, depending on which part of the country you live in and when school starts in that area.
Dreaming of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:46 PM   #4

As a parent who's also retired... I keep thinking of that old Staples song where the mom's pushing the cart through the store while singing "It's the most wonderful day of the year".

Went to the beach today (twice, once with the dog, once with the kids). Can't wait till the beach goes back to uncrowded.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

On the flip side, for some of us in O.M.Y. mode, the A.M. commuting traffic will increase noticeably when schools start. (Why it does so noticeably is hard to untangle; must be close to the tipping point at my preferred drive time, and this sends it over what I consider the edge?)

Oh well, can always get up a few minutes earlier--especially for just one more year.