Anyone work as a Census Taker?

My response might be, "The Census Bureau values you so much we want to double check we have you counted." :D

:LOL: I actually have said something along the lines of "your data is very important to us, so we want to make sure we have it correctly". A few folks were willing to proceed.

got a call from the census yesterday and have to meet with some people on monday to get sworn in and issued an iphone. the iphone is different, they said everything is done on the phone theses days. it will be a different experience from the previous enumerator job. have to wait and see how it plays out. any suggestions on what to look out for?

took the training a couple weeks ago but no assignments yet. curious to see if they are postponing the census because of covid again. anyone heard anything? it was my understanding that the census was to be completed by the end of september, but I hear there are close to 30 percent of the population not counted. anyone doing any assignments as of this week?

They've called me 3 different times, 3 different people. Asking if I was still interested. I told them no, as my autumn schedule is not as free as spring would have been. Seems in my area they may be desperate for workers. I was told the position was for transient counting, i.e. visiting campgrounds and such.

did the training 3 week ago, it took about 12 hrs for training and 12 hrs to get the phone aps working. finally went to work this week and it also ended this week. what a waste.

A friend of mine has gone through the Census training. He has his phone and is ready to go but no assignments yet. He is getting a tad frustrated.

My census work has ended. The work itself was not too bad. But the management/administrative issues I had to deal with... lets say it did not put much confidence in my view of the efficiency of certain government agencies. :)

My son was hired for census work in August- in Michigan where he lives. He is still working for census and has been offered an extension to work in a near by town. Hoping it lasts a few months for him.

Back
Top Bottom