Are you retired?

Are you retired?

How old are you when you retire?

When do you want to retire?

I like to calculate the average age of the people here FIREed. It's a long dream of my but never have enough guts or money to pull the trigger.

enuff

Yes, I'm retired. I was 58. Frankly, it sneaked up on me. Maxing out our 401k plans (with extra catch-up) during the Great Recession was a big help - we bought low.

Are you retired? Almost (4 months away)

How old are you when you retire? 52

When do you want to retire? July 1...this year!!

1) yes
2) 58
3) right about when I though I would and could

I retired 2 months ago at 56 years old. I originally planned on 59 1/2, but was fortunately able to do so sooner.

Are you retired? Almost (4 months away)

How old are you when you retire? 52

When do you want to retire? July 1...this year!!

I am on this same time schedule as my Independence Day is scheduled for July 07 this year

I took me a bit longer than most on this forum as I will be 64 and 1/2 years old when this happy day finally comes!

Are you retired? Yes

How old [were] you when you retired? 53

When [did] you want to retire? I never had a fixed date in mind. I just assumed I would retire when I had enough saved. But I didn't understand the math. It turns out I could afford to retire at 48, but I didn't realize it until I was 51. I planned for a year or so, then retired 3 days after my 53rd birthday.

Are you retired? YES

How old was I? 61 and change

When did I want to retire? Asap... Given the way the dominoes fell, I needed early SS to be the fourth leg on my stool, so I beat my most recent version of a "goal" of 62 by eight months.

Retired? Yes
At what age? 45

I wanted to retire as early as possible as far back as I can remember.

Good job with the compilation. The OP could have done a poll.

After checking to see that I have not posted to this thread, I give my answer now.

Wife: 50. Myself: 55.

So, I fall right in with the crowd.

PS. I think both of us wanted to retire when we were 12.

+1 [emoji23]

Yes. retired age 46. Wanted to work longer but at this point I am doing fine and don't care and I am now 47.

Last edited:
Are you retired? NO - but am FI

How old are you when you retire? N/A

When do you want to retire? 59 (sometime this year)

Are you retired? Semi-retired. Teach part-time at a local community college.

How old [were] you when you retired? 62

When [did] you want to retire? When I was born LOL!

Are you retired? Yes.

How old are you when you retired? 54

When do you want to retire? Have already, almost 4 years ago.

I like to calculate the average age of the people here FIREed. It's a long dream of my but never have enough guts or money to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
FIRED at 45, Class of 2015

I originally planned to retire in my early 50's at the latest, but I relied too much on basic retirement calculators that assumed, among other things, that 80% of my income would be required in retirement. Still, this compelled me to double my savings rate in the early 2000's. I beat my original exit goal by half a decade with the help of my frugal wife. Dual income & no kids helped greatly too. We now live on less than 40% of our pre-retirement income and life is great! :dance:

Impressive

Are you retired? Yes

How old are you when you retire? 55

When did you want to retire? Before age 60

I still do some PT consulting about 20-25 hours per month at home to help stock my bar with top shelf gin, vodka and bourbon.

Are you retired? No.

How old are you when you retired? n/a

When do you want to retire? 55

I have realized from working contract jobs with off periods in-between that I do want to keep working. It keeps my mine alert. It would best if it was part-time work. I also want to build up my savings some more due to the uncertainty of future cost of medical insurance.

Just realised I haven't answered this one.

Here goes then,

Are you retired? No.

How old are you when you retired? not yet on track for January 2018 (10 months to go).

When do you want to retire? 55

When did I plan to retire? Age 50 but pension was a little light, 55 pension should be sound.

Already planning next year!

Are you retired?-Yes, retired in 2013
How old are you when you retired-53
When do you want to retire?-55

My husband retired 6 year before me. I am 8 years younger and planned to work for the next 8 years, however due to downsizing and generous severance pay I was able to retire sooner. The best decision I ever made.

I'm retired. Retired 8/2014 at 56 years old to help with aging mother.

I wanted to retire 5/2016 at 58 years old.

No regrets!

Good job with the compilation. The OP could have done a poll.

After checking to see that I have not posted to this thread, I give my answer now.

Wife: 50. Myself: 55.

So, I fall right in with the crowd.

PS. I think both of us wanted to retire when we were 12.

+1
emoji23.png

At 12, of course I did not know about work, but wanted to retire from school.

I was always an A student, from elementary school through graduate school, but always hated school because it limited my freedom. I did it because I knew I had to, not because I enjoyed it.

This attitude carried over into my adulthood, and megacorp's silly bureaucracy drove me nuts often.

Back
Top Bottom