Arizona Real Estate

@Pegcar Interesting about the pool temprature. I did notice that when we were there. If we use the pool heater when we are there it will cost us about $100/day. I think the water is cold because it gets cool at night?

@Pegcar Interesting about the pool temprature. I did notice that when we were there. If we use the pool heater when we are there it will cost us about $100/day. I think the water is cold because it gets cool at night?

Yes, no cloud cover (insulation) allows heat from desert floor to radiate out to sky, thereby making the evenings and nights usually cool (except during monsoon time).

If you put a plastic cover (dark or possibly bubble wrap-like for air insulating properties) on the pool at night or partially during the day to keep the heat in, it might work to keep the pool warmer in the winter - HOWEVER - I used to swim competitively and practiced early (0530) in the morning - one morning in the AZ winter we had practice in a pool that did not have a heater - the water temp was 65 - I did not warm up at all during the hour workout - will never forget how cold it was to me - usually we liked the water a bit cool when we started as our bodies warmed up and warmed up the water over the practice time (so much so that in the summer I could see steam coming off of me and the pool and I was so thirsty at times I begged my coach to hop out and drink a lot of water) - not that morning!

If you like that "dry heat" and the neanderthal political bent it's a great place.

I just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom