Article - 10 things that surprised me about early retirement

I look forward to all of the 10 points except being a morning person. :LOL:

We're morning people only when we have to be but I suspect our day is currently skewed to the evenings and nights because of the hours we work and us trying to fit things in after work. I'm curious if we had more time during the day because of retirement, if we'd be less inclined to stay up later.

That has definitely been my experience. When I was w*rking, I was usually asleep by 10:30, if not earlier, and up by 5:30 or 5:45. Now I often stay up past midnight and I'm up around 7:30-8:30. Never set an alarm unless there is somewhere I have to be.

That has definitely been my experience. When I was w*rking, I was usually asleep by 10:30, if not earlier, and up by 5:30 or 5:45. Now I often stay up past midnight and I'm up around 7:30-8:30. Never set an alarm unless there is somewhere I have to be.

By the standards of my old w*rkplace that still makes you a morning person. ;) Most staff didn't roll in until 10:00 or later and they lived within walking distance of the office. I got SO MUCH done between 8:00 and 10:00.

I look forward to all of the 10 points except being a morning person. :LOL:

We're morning people only when we have to be but I suspect our day is currently skewed to the evenings and nights because of the hours we work and us trying to fit things in after work. I'm curious if we had more time during the day because of retirement, if we'd be less inclined to stay up later.
I get up at 7-7:30am now. But when I was working it was up before 5:00am. It was very brutal for my personality because I'm not a morning person.

I get up at 7-7:30am now. But when I was working it was up before 5:00am. It was very brutal for my personality because I'm not a morning person.

I'm a morning person. When I worked I got up at 5:30, now I'm up at 4:30! One of those weirdos waiting at the door of Dunkin Donuts at 5 waiting for them to open.

I'm a morning person. When I worked I got up at 5:30, now I'm up at 4:30! One of those weirdos waiting at the door of Dunkin Donuts at 5 waiting for them to open.

I'd get up that early for a Dunkin Donuts honey glazed...those are really good!

I am a morning person, too. My most productive hours during the day are in the LATE morning, between 10 AM and 11:59 AM! Otherwise, leave me alone so I can eat breakfast at 9 or 9:30 AM.

I seem to waking up around 7:30 am most mornings.
But unlike when I was a teenager and can stay up until 1 am watching the late movie on TV, I am in bed usually by 10:30 pm.

Even after 4 years of no alarm, I still wake up on my own somewhere between 5 and 6. But I lay in bed as long as I want to.

Back
Top Bottom