Because of this forum I am unemployed

I can't believe its been a week already. There's so many things on the "to do" list that still need to be completed. The days just FLY by. I've discovered that I am a shining star at spending alot of time getting nothing accomplished ! I promised I would clean the house top to bottom (haven't even started that !) and that the gardens would get a thorough weeding (they've been getting their normal "pull a weed here and there" treatment). I also have a ton of paperwork to do and a dozen phone calls to make. I know it's a huge cliche to say "how did I have time to work ?" , but seriously, "HOW did I find time to work ??".

Great to hear.

Live and Learn, congratulations. You were one person I was tracking for a few years as I sensed the OMY personal debates your had with yourself will be very similar to what I will experience as I get closer to FIRE'ing.

I am happy for you and am glad you retired to VBS activities. Now that you are retired, keep us posted on any OMY learnings you will have now that you are on the other side (e.g. I conservatively planned for this and it was unnecessary).

Congratulations again - and enjoy!

CUinFL

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks CUinFl. The one thing I can say right now is that the 2 extra years were worth it. I am sleeping well at night and not fretting over my expenses. I am still frugal, but I haven't deprived myself of a purchase (mostly because I don't want to buy many things to begin with !). All that conservative planning helps me alot, because of my personality type. I'm sure I could have retired 2 years ago as I originally wanted, but so far I have no regrets.

It's been one month and six days. Time is FLYING. I have been so enjoyably busy doing things for low / no cost around the house and around my neighborhood that I haven't even had a second of boredom, or even a thought of boredom. I've discovered that after all those goal-driven years at w*rk that I am perfectly happy to accomplish nothing ! :LOL: I feel like I went from Type A to Type Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

When the time is right you'll know it. Trust your gut.

Back
Top Bottom