Blow that Dough! - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
W2R I have to say I am supremely disappointed. Here I had though you were FRUGAL!

The only thing I spent money on in January, that I don't spend money on every month, were some batteries and no-tie shoelaces for a total of $17.03.

So, I'm not blowing that dough too well yet. But who knows what the future will bring... :D
W2R I have to say I am supremely disappointed. Here I had though you were FRUGAL!

Just you wait!! :2funny: Soon I'll be spending like a drunken sailor. :D I guess I just didn't want anything in January. See, life has been so good that for the moment, I am totally content just living it.

Last edited:
Well, he can be an instigator to stir up trouble at Berkeley College to have protests goin' to get media coverage.

Wonder if that helps one's résumé with future employers.

Just you wait!! :2funny: Soon I'll be spending like a drunken sailor. :D I guess I just didn't want anything in January. See, life has been so good that for the moment, I am totally content just living it.

Mardi Grais is Tuesday after the big weekend.

Snow on the ground at the Farm. But come spring I shall be spending on 'hobbies'.

:D

heh heh heh - Port Aransas got hit in the hurricane so our usual Feb trip got put off this year. :greetings10: LBYM has drifted(up) over the first two decades of ER. :rolleyes:

Too bad about Port Aransas devastation making you skip your Feb visit.

My strategy of withdrawing my entire spending amount for the year on Jan 2 is paying off this year. I feel comfortable going ahead and spending even if the market misbehaves.

If the market is still down at the end of the year, well, I'll accept a reduced income the next year. But in the mean time I'm not going to worry about it.

If the market is still down at the end of the year, well, I'll accept a reduced income the next year. But in the mean time I'm not going to worry about it.

This is a blow that dough thread. You don't worry about it here. ;)

Today I ordered a JBL subwoofer for my barebones home theater system. Currently only using 2 JBL bookshelf speakers, but the sub should add depth.

Mardi Grais is Tuesday after the big weekend.

Snow on the ground at the Farm. But come spring I shall be spending on 'hobbies'.

:D

heh heh heh - Port Aransas got hit in the hurricane so our usual Feb trip got put off this year. :greetings10: LBYM has drifted(up) over the first two decades of ER. :rolleyes:

Endymion tonight, UncleMick. :) I'm not going to battle those crowds, but Isis is coming right by our homes in maybe an hour; soon I'll be hearing the marching bands and revelry from where I sit in my easy chair. Total cost? $0.00.

Sorry that the hurricane delayed your trip to Port Aransas.

Last edited:
Decided to spring for a new smile. 24 veneers. Will try not to make them too white.

Wonderful idea! I should do that at some point. And don't worry too much about how white they are - - Tom Cruise probably made a fortune with his whiter-than-white teeth. They are so white he probably doesn't even need a flashlight in the dark as long as he is smiling, but I think they look very nice.

Attachments

• tom-cruise-04.jpg
    tom-cruise-04.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I just declined an opportunity to really blow some dough.

Seems some charming young lady in a faraway land thinks that love can be nurtured with the price of a plane ticket. I am sure her affection is genuine:D

Have you seen the photo of the lady that broke redduck's heart that he posted in his thread? Wonder if it could be the same lady?

Nibbled on some ETFs this week. In this market that counts as blowing that dough.

This is a blow that dough thread. You don't worry about it here. ;)

Today I ordered a JBL subwoofer for my barebones home theater system. Currently only using 2 JBL bookshelf speakers, but the sub should add depth.
I’m not worrying! I’m booking hotels in Europe left and right! That’s an expensive proposition.

And I’m about to buy some expensive airline tickets. And I’m glad I already put them on Farelock because they just doubled in price!

Travel, baby, travel. Splurging big this year on a guided photo tour of Patagonia.

That sounds wonderful! I hope you share some of your photos with us.

I'm posting from Byron Bay, Australia. We are here for a month then will spend a month traveling north to Cairns ( stopping in Fraser Island, Heron Island, Airlie Beach, then Cairns for ten days) Then we fly to Sydney and will take a 40 day cruise back to Vancouver, B.C.

This is much more fun than the accumulation phase!

Last edited:
Wonderful idea! I should do that at some point. And don't worry too much about how white they are - - Tom Cruise probably made a fortune with his whiter-than-white teeth. They are so white he probably doesn't even need a flashlight in the dark as long as he is smiling, but I think they look very nice.

I don’t think they look that white at all. Look good to me. Most people in show business have great teeth (other than Brits,of course).

Originally, I was quite dismissive of the idea (DW and DD thought I should do it) Then I took a closer look. :(
Many different colors in there (but a lot of “yellow”) some crowns showing dark rims, lower teeth have some overlapping. More expensive than I thought.

That sounds wonderful! I hope you share some of your photos with us.

I'm posting from Byron Bay, Australia. We are here for a month then will spend a month traveling north to Cairns ( stopping in Fraser Island, Heron Island, Airlie Beach, then Cairns for ten days) Then we fly to Sydney and will take a 40 day cruise back to Vancouver, B.C.

This is much more fun than the accumulation phase!
Sounds wonderful. Yes, it is a lot more fun.

You are going to love that bike. I bought an FX2 for my wife a couple of years ago at an end of year sale after many months of research. It is about the best bike of its type for the money. I only wish they had one in my size at the time on sale. Since that time they have downgraded the derailleurs slightly to keep the cost down. Still one of the best on the market. I may buy one in a few months anyway.

Cheers!

Originally, I was quite dismissive of the idea (DW and DD thought I should do it) Then I took a closer look. :(
Many different colors in there (but a lot of “yellow”) some crowns showing dark rims, lower teeth have some overlapping. More expensive than I thought.
I did it when I could double up with dental coverage from two plans just before retiring. So pretty frugal!

Osteonecrosis undid some of that a few years ago so I had a chance to blow more dough!

I don’t think they look that white at all. Look good to me. Most people in show business have great teeth (other than Brits,of course).

I'd heard that when choosing tooth color the whites of the patient's eyes were the best guide. Teeth whiter than eye white just looked fake. But that is years old guidance. Lotta dayglo white teeth about now, so maybe that is outdated guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom