Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #401
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
The last recliner we purchased required assembly. It was in two sections, the base and the back. Slide the back into a couple of slots in the base, listen for the "click", and we were done. Even a Texan caveman geezer could do it.
Thanks! I think this one may be the same. I read a description of the assembly in one of the Amazon reviews, and they said it was easy to assemble, and mentioned the "click" when sliding the back into the base.
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #402
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I got mine from the local hospital supply store. They delivered and set it up.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #403
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
I got mine from the local hospital supply store. They delivered and set it up.
But, but, but.... see, I'm a SPECIAL princess!!! I simply had to have a bunch of special features and nothing else could possibly ever do! This was the only recliner that would ever be good enough for me!

Actually that was probably a good idea. But, this one fit the bill and it will be delivered by Fedex next week. The only thing that wasn't perfect about it, was that "white glove delivery" wasn't offered.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #404
Give me a forum ...

Olma is having a sale so I ordered up 4.4 ounces of Kaluga Royal caviar. Two hundred and seventy three bucks delivered.

Woo-hoo! Almost a grand a pound -
Old 07-13-2019, 09:22 PM   #405
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Olma is having a sale so I ordered up 4.4 ounces of Kaluga Royal caviar. Two hundred and seventy three bucks delivered.

Woo-hoo! Almost a grand a pound -
What are you going to eat with it?
Old 07-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #406
Give me a forum ...

Creme fraiche, crackers and vodka!
Old 07-13-2019, 10:40 PM   #407
gone traveling

Quote:
Creme fraiche, crackers and vodka!
I am sure you meant to write: Crème fraîche
davebarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:02 PM   #408
Give me a forum ...

Yeah Baby! I wish my keyboard did that.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:16 AM   #409
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Yeah Baby! I wish my keyboard did that.
Use the ALT key and try different combinations of numbers for fun (you can Google to find the lists of what combination types what character on a Windows or Mac)

For example, here's 1,2,3,4 typed from my Mac while holding down the Option key (Windows has an ALT key to use instead):

¡™£¢
jpeter1093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #410
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hell, I usually just look up the term and copy the marks from elsewhere on the internet if I want to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing. It's quicker than remembering all those key combinations.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:12 PM   #411

$800 on a garage door for a rental property.
Mr. Tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #412
Recycles dryer sheets

Just spent $.28 for 2 small stainless screws for my boat top snap. Didn't have small enough screws in my vast array of screw jars.

Oh well, "Blowing that dough!"

Will adjust the budget this month to account for the charge.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYDREAMER View Post
Didn't have small enough screws in my vast array of screw jars.
off topic but I have a friend who after the end of each project literally throws out all remaining hardware. No screw jars or coffee cans in his garage.

" People say I'm lazy, dreaming my life away Well, they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall "Don't you miss the big time, boy. You're no longer on the ball" -John Lennon-
Bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #414
Moderator Emeritus

My new "Blow That Dough" lift recliner is better than perfect. I think I got my money's worth already. It is great for napping, even when I didn't intend to nap. I didn't realize how sleep deprived I must be!

Spent half the night sleeping in my recliner, until I awakened and realized what I was doing, and went to bed. Then today I have already taken two naps in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg recliner.jpg (30.0 KB, 267 views)
Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #415

w2r - that is wonderful that your new recliner is so comfy. We had one left over from when the in-laws were living in the granny flat. My hubster loved it - I hated it because you had to use the electric remote to raise and lower the legs/recline... Made noise and interrupted *my nap* in my non electronic chair. LOL.

My blow that dough contribution - spent almost $4k on fall semester tuition for oldest son. In 2 weeks I get to write an even bigger check for housing/dorm... and then there are books. Preliminary list price checked on the bookstore website looks like we're going to hit $1000.

So the other milestone is - first withdrawal from the 529. LOL.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #416
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
w2r - that is wonderful that your new recliner is so comfy. We had one left over from when the in-laws were living in the granny flat. My hubster loved it - I hated it because you had to use the electric remote to raise and lower the legs/recline... Made noise and interrupted *my nap* in my non electronic chair. LOL.

My blow that dough contribution - spent almost $4k on fall semester tuition for oldest son. In 2 weeks I get to write an even bigger check for housing/dorm... and then there are books. Preliminary list price checked on the bookstore website looks like we're going to hit $1000.

So the other milestone is - first withdrawal from the 529. LOL.
Ouch!!! Good thing you set up that 529 to rely upon. That's got to be such a blow.

I love the electronic remote to raise and lower the legs or recline. I'm always fiddling with it. It's fun! LOL But then I am not awakening anybody when I do that.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM   #417
Give me a forum ...

This summer has blown more dough than planned. I started the summer by getting new gutters for $1800 and my driveway repaved for $3500. Then my downstairs HVAC unit got sick, followed by my upstairs HVAC unit. The downstairs unit was $700 for labor with parts covered by warranty, but the upstairs unit had to be replaced for $6000. We also replaced windows for another $18000 when the seals burst on an arched window. We decided to replace six other windows since we had to do the one. Then our primary TV failed, and of course we replaced it with the latest and greatest 65” OLED for $3100.
Thinking I was finally done for the summer, our tax bill arrived. [emoji20]
Dash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #418
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
This summer has blown more dough than planned. I started the summer by getting new gutters for $1800 and my driveway repaved for $3500. Then my downstairs HVAC unit got sick, followed by my upstairs HVAC unit. The downstairs unit was $700 for labor with parts covered by warranty, but the upstairs unit had to be replaced for $6000. We also replaced windows for another $18000 when the seals burst on an arched window. We decided to replace six other windows since we had to do the one. Then our primary TV failed, and of course we replaced it with the latest and greatest 65” OLED for $3100.
33k for non regular expenses. Don't even think RobbieB gets there.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:12 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
My new "Blow That Dough" lift recliner is better than perfect. I think I got my money's worth already. It is great for napping, even when I didn't intend to nap. I didn't realize how sleep deprived I must be!

Spent half the night sleeping in my recliner, until I awakened and realized what I was doing, and went to bed. Then today I have already taken two naps in it.
It has passed the recliner test with flying colors!
Old 07-21-2019, 05:39 PM   #420
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
33k for non regular expenses. Don't even think RobbieB gets there.
RobbieB eats more than that in wagyu and caviar.

Didn't he say he spent $250K last year or something?

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote