Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #121
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
Good for you! Out of curiosity, what exact model did you get? Iím considering one for my DW who has had lingering back issues (possibly Lime related) for a few years now. Sounds like this could do the trick
I got this one. However, I'd strongly suggest that your DW should go into your nearest Lazy Boy store, and try different ones if you plan to spend that much money on a recliner. She can see which ones are most comfortable for her. Then she can choose the options she wants, choose the fabric, and so on. There are a lot more variables to choose from in Lazy Boy recliners, than if you were just buying a lawn chair.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Thinking about getting this travel trailer but waffling:

$22k out the door.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:15 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Yes I do

Very cool, Souschef!
Old 02-16-2020, 03:17 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I got this one. However, I'd strongly suggest that your DW should go into your nearest Lazy Boy store, and try different ones if you plan to spend that much money on a recliner. She can see which ones are most comfortable for her. Then she can choose the options she wants, choose the fabric, and so on. There are a lot more variables to choose from in Lazy Boy recliners, than if you were just buying a lawn chair.

Glad youíre enjoying your new recliner so much, W2R! Looks very comfortable.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:49 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
I've been getting the renewal by anderson flyers too. I take it you guys like the product and find it a good value?
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtig View Post
Iím all for blow the dough. But, when I got quotes for replacing all of my 26 windows, Renewal by Anderson was about five times my lowest quote. I didnít go for the lowest quote . . . I went with one that was twice the lowest quote. But still less than half of the RBA quote. And, they look great. Not sure how people justify the cost of RBA.
We are replacing our front bow window. RBA was the highest. Pella (direct) was $1200 or so less, but Pella from Lowes was $3400 less and that's what we are doing.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Got it - many thanks! Well visit the store but there are SO many choices, Iím happy to have a starting point
Old 02-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #127
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Glad you’re enjoying your new recliner so much, W2R! Looks very comfortable.
It really is! I'm enjoying it so much. Sitting in it right now, too.

Instead of calling it a recliner, Lazy Boy should call it a "Nap Machine". I have had some of the best naps ever while resting in this recliner.

I am not using the lift function right now, but I love the fact that it is there in case my left knee "goes south" and need surgery too. It helped tremendously to have that during the recovery period for my right knee. Also, if the recliner lasts for over 10 years then I will probably appreciate having the lift function due to old age since I am getting up there in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro View Post
Got it - many thanks! Well visit the store but there are SO many choices, I’m happy to have a starting point
Good!!! I hope you find the perfect recliner for her. When I went to the Lazy Boy store, the saleslady took one look at me (I'm tall and quite big in every sense of the word), and after listening to my list of things I wanted in a recliner, steered me towards this one. I don't know if it would work for a smaller woman, though but your Lazy Boy store will have a salesperson who can suggest exactly the right recliner for her stature, needs, and desires.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #128
Recycles dryer sheets

Dr Roy, my DD had windows replaced with Pella from/installed by Lowes. They are supposed to put insulation in before putting the windows in. None of them had the insulation and are all being replaced. When the inspector came they said it was fine, they don't need insulation. She showed them the Pella installation video that clearly showed it. You might check the video and watch them install. She has been fighting with them for over four months.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:26 PM   #129
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Yes I do
So you'll be in the front seat? Cool.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
Old 02-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
So you'll be in the front seat? Cool.
No, I will be in the rear seat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1765.jpg (296.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 02-16-2020, 06:55 PM   #131

Having a bathroom remodel. 'nough said.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:50 PM   #132

We bought a 2019 Grand Sport L3 corvette yesterday.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:09 PM   #133
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idnar7 View Post
Dr Roy, my DD had windows replaced with Pella from/installed by Lowes. They are supposed to put insulation in before putting the windows in. None of them had the insulation and are all being replaced. When the inspector came they said it was fine, they don't need insulation. She showed them the Pella installation video that clearly showed it. You might check the video and watch them install. She has been fighting with them for over four months.
I had the worst experience with Lowes and their install when we did our windows. I experienced this same thing with regards to insulation. They were literally coming back to our house for years to fix and re-do windows. Never had leaking windows until I had the new ones installed.

I would never EVER go to Lowes. I tell anyone and everyone this who will listen.

The store Install Sales dept was poorly run. I wrote corporate etc... Total lack of ownership on Lowes behalf, constant churn of staff, I think I dealt with about 6 different "managers" before corporate "took over" the install sales responsibilities nation wide.

It did not get better.

They kept mentioning how I was out of warranty... but since they never actually finished the job right in the first place, this argument would fade and the effort lingered on.
I started my install process with them in June of 2013, and they were still coming out to my home to repair things last year!

I thought it would be great idea to utilize Lowes and that they would manage the contractors for me. Could not have been further from the truth.

I have so much documentation on all the things they did wrong, but no one seemed to care/take ownership. Thought about going the small claims route, but just was too exhausted with the experience and just wanted to be DONE. (Plus initial "contract" had arbitration clause, though that probably would not have been valid given the incompetence on display)

They were way cheaper than the other estimates, but in the long run I wish I had spent 2x the amount and went with the higher priced outfit.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:45 PM   #134
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Congrats! How about a photo?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #135
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Excellent! Enjoy!
Old 02-20-2020, 10:52 PM   #136

Quote:
BTD? Well, yeah, that oughta do it! Congrats!
Old 02-21-2020, 03:55 AM   #137
Recycles dryer sheets

I just purchased a second home in Bonita Springs, Florida. Just what Florida needs, another old guy.

It is an older townhome in fairly decent shape, but I already have a bunch of changes planned.

I rented in this community in January, and really enjoyed it.
Then I rented in Sarasota the first part of February. That area is very nice too.
Looked at about ten places in the Venice area, and almost purchased a home there.
Stayed with a friend in cape coral next, and decided to drive back to Bonita Springs to check out this townhome.

I liked it, and put in an offer on the spot. The price had just been lowered, and it was priced in the range they have been selling for.

I'm excited about the purchase. I'm trying to expedite the closing, so I can spend March and April down there working on my new place. My friend wants to join me. We would try to catch a few MN Twins spring training games.

Take care,

JP
Old 02-21-2020, 06:31 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP.mpls View Post
I just purchased a second home in Bonita Springs, Florida. Just what Florida needs, another old guy.

It is an older townhome in fairly decent shape, but I already have a bunch of changes planned.

Then I rented in Sarasota the first part of February. That area is very nice too.
Looked at about ten places in the Venice area, and almost purchased a home there.
Stayed with a friend in cape coral next, and decided to drive back to Bonita Springs to check out this townhome.

I liked it, and put in an offer on the spot. The price had just been lowered, and it was priced in the range they have been selling for.

I'm excited about the purchase. I'm trying to expedite the closing, so I can spend March and April down there working on my new place. My friend wants to join me. We would try to catch a few MN Twins spring training games.

Take care,

JP
Sounds great- I hope you enjoy it!
Old 02-21-2020, 06:36 AM   #139
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP.mpls View Post

Take care,

JP
Excellent and welcome to FLA.
We see a few spring training games each year.
Seeing the Tigers against the Mets and Yankees this year.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:01 AM   #140
Recycles dryer sheets

Dtail,
I'm a half hour from Fort Meyers.
I considered that a bonus.
Close to an airport, and the Twins spring training facility.
I'm a Minnesota boy.
PS: Still plenty cold up there. I'm not rushing home.

I got nervous at first "blowing that dough ", but I think it is a good move.
I'm looking at it as my winter cabin. A place to escape in the winter for awhile.
I think I will end up with plenty of friends and family visiting.
The grounds and community pool are all maintained, so it will be easier to close it up for the summer.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm a little wound up emotionally.

JP
Closed Thread