Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought an inflatable hot tub for the 3 season room. It's actually nicer than I expected.
Not much of a splurge. In the before times I saw deals for $300 post Covid they were up to $700. When it dropped back to $400 I finally bought it.

Sounds like fun:) - it's still plenty hot here and will be until November so I am thinking of installing a nice outdoor shower.

Bought an inflatable hot tub for the 3 season room. It's actually nicer than I expected.
Not much of a splurge. In the before times I saw deals for $300 post Covid they were up to $700. When it dropped back to $400 I finally bought it.

I didn't know such a thing even existed! Interesting.

Sounds like fun:) - it's still plenty hot here and will be until November so I am thinking of installing a nice outdoor shower.

I wish the summer here was longer. There is something special about feeling water on your body outdoors IMO.

I usually go swimming at an outdoor swimming pool a few times during summer, but not this summer due to COVID. I thought about getting a tiny inflatable pool and put it in the backyard but it was already in the middle of August when I thought about it, so I opted not to. All I want is a bathtub outdoors and just look up, as my favourite thing to do when I go swimming is to just float on my back and gaze at the sky. Feeling cool water around me with my face being warmed by the sunlight while I look up to the blue sky makes me happy.

I think you'll enjoy an outdoor shower. We don't have one, but a friend of mine who lives in California does, and he says he uses it almost every day. He loves it.

We bought a 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium yesterday. Not quite new - 3400 miles (dealer demo/loaner). First new car in 10+ years. Drives very nicely. Our first Subaru ever.

My son in law bought one for my daughters Christmas 4 years ago, he's very imaginative with his gifts, They absolutely love it and still use it both in the summer and Winter (California). I think the brand is Intex and it still looks like new even though it's outside. He paid less than $300 at the end of the season. Costs them about $100 a month to keep it warm all the time.

Enjoyed a nice Bluefin Toro (from Catalina) sashimi supper. Delicious and at $10/oz it should be - :)

Bought a Fresh Roast coffee roaster and a couple of pounds of green coffee from Amazon. It took several small prototype runs to get a decent roast. Also, the first bag of beans was just terrible. Started the second bag today. Seems decent so far.

Planning to order a sampler set of green coffee from a reputable place alike Sweet Maria’s, but was in a hurry so took chance on random next day Amazon.

My son in law bought one for my daughters Christmas 4 years ago, he's very imaginative with his gifts, They absolutely love it and still use it both in the summer and Winter (California). I think the brand is Intex and it still looks like new even though it's outside. He paid less than $300 at the end of the season. Costs them about $100 a month to keep it warm all the time.
It looks sturdy. Hope it lasts that long.
Also hope it doesn't cost that much to heat. The 3 season room gets to mid 80s until December so thinking that will cut the cost. I'll put it in storage December thru March as it says don't operate in temps under 40.

I placed a big gourmet duck order from a New England company. Overnight shipping cost was surprisingly low. Then I find out they have a warehouse less than an hour away! No wonder!

More smoked duck for us! This time I’m trying the larger Moulard duck breasts. This is a classic French breed/cross typical of southern France a.k.a magret (de canard).

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing the company? I have not had a good magret in quite some time.

Bought a Fresh Roast coffee roaster and a couple of pounds of green coffee from Amazon. It took several small prototype runs to get a decent roast. Also, the first bag of beans was just terrible. Started the second bag today. Seems decent so far.

Planning to order a sampler set of green coffee from a reputable place alike Sweet Maria’s, but was in a hurry so took chance on random next day Amazon.

I had great luck with a tiny hot air roaster and green beans from Sweet Maria’s. I think I took it to the second crack then counted some number. It’s been a long while, but I did it for several years. Was the best coffee ever.

This normally wouldn't be considered a BTD item, but....

I just ordered a new Dell laptop to replace my present (very similar) laptop because the keyboard cratered. I had only had it for 25 months, but that was 25 months of nearly constant, brutally hard, careless wear; this morning it "gave up the ghost" and became inoperable.

Frank uses a USB keyboard for his laptops, because he prefers them. I don't! I hate them and I like the keyboard that comes with the laptop. And I want it to work but it doesn't. :banghead:

Contributing to my decision to buy a new laptop, is the fact that more than almost anything on earth, I love setting up a new laptop and exploring what it can do. I know, that's weird, but I never claimed to be much like other people.

Given that I don't travel or want very many things or experiences, I decided that since I want another laptop so much and can afford it, I should buy it even if other people would not do so. I'm me, and they are them. Throwing all caution to the winds, I pulled the trigger to BLOW THAT DOUGH. It's arriving on Tuesday.

This normally wouldn't be considered a BTD item, but....

I just ordered a new Dell laptop to replace my present (very similar) laptop because the keyboard cratered. I had only had it for 25 months, but that was 25 months of nearly constant, brutally hard, careless wear; this morning it "gave up the ghost" and became inoperable.

Frank uses a USB keyboard for his laptops, because he prefers them. I don't! I hate them and I like the keyboard that comes with the laptop. And I want it to work but it doesn't. :banghead:

Contributing to my decision to buy a new laptop, is the fact that more than almost anything on earth, I love setting up a new laptop and exploring what it can do. I know, that's weird, but I never claimed to be much like other people.

Given that I don't travel or want very many things or experiences, I decided that since I want another laptop so much and can afford it, I should buy it even if other people would not do so. I'm me, and they are them. Throwing all caution to the winds, I pulled the trigger to BLOW THAT DOUGH. It's arriving on Tuesday.
You do know that replacement keyboards can be had for $15? BTD or LBYM?:)

See? Just like I said, others would just use another keyboard.

And just like I said, I'm weird and DON'T WANT TO..... :LOL:

As for me, I don't want to travel, and I don't want to buy cars, boats, planes, motorcycles, or RV's either, or even a second home. I don't even want to have my kitchen remodeled! But I do want a new laptop. :D I love the experience of setting up a new laptop, and this gives me a perfect excuse to do so.

My average WR for the past five years has been 1.37% so I can afford it. If this isn't the very definition of BTD, then I give up. :2funny:
I should buy it even if other people would not do so. I'm me, and they are them.
You do know that replacement keyboards can be had for $15? BTD or LBYM?:)

See? Just like I said, others would just use another keyboard.

And just like I said, I'm weird and DON'T WANT TO..... :LOL:

As for me, I don't want to travel, and I don't want to buy cars, boats, planes, motorcycles, or RV's either, or even a second home. I don't even want to have my kitchen remodeled! But I do want a new laptop. :D I love the experience of setting up a new laptop, and this gives me a perfect excuse to do so.

My average WR for the past five years has been 1.37% so I can afford it. If this isn't the very definition of BTD, then I give up. :2funny:

I wouldn't want to use a laptop with a keyboard sitting on top of it.

Reactions: W2R

I am doing that right now and it is horrible. My new laptop will arrive on Tuesday (or maybe it could arrive earlier!). When it does arrive, I will give this keyboard back to Frank, who I borrowed it from, in about, oh, maybe 2 seconds. :LOL:

I am doing that right now and it is horrible. My new laptop will arrive on Tuesday (or maybe it could arrive earlier!). When it does arrive, I will give this keyboard back to Frank, who I borrowed it from, in about, oh, maybe 2 seconds. :LOL:

I think it depends on the keyboard. My keyboard on my Chromebook died and I bought a new Chromebook at the same time I bought this ultraslim, compact keyboard. It feels just like my Chromebook keyboard and I just love it. (The sme size with the same, light, clicking keys.) I returned the newly purchased Chromebook as there was no reason for me to replace my $500 Chromebook with an identical one after I found this keyboard.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073TSKFRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I think it depends on the keyboard. My keyboard on my Chromebook died and I bought a new Chromebook at the same time I bought this keyboard. It feels just like my Chromebook keyboard and I just love it. (The sme size with the same, light, clicking keys.) I returned the newly purchased Chromebook as there was no reason for me to replace my $500 Chromebook with an identical one after I found this keyboard.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073TSKFRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry, like Robbie I don't want it. And like I said, I am weird. Like I said, others would be ALL OVER the idea of taking the cheap-o solution instead of the one that makes me happy.

I don't even want a Chromebook! :LOL:

Sorry, like Robbie I don't want it.
Oh, I'm not pressing you to buy it. This is for a small Chromeook so it's tiny. I just wanted to add this to the mix for people who may be interested. ;) I hope you'll enjoy playing with your new laptop.

Last edited:
We're redoing our shower in the basement. Not sure how much that will cost yet...

We're redoing our shower in the basement. Not sure how much that will cost yet...

Good luck, and I hope that if/when you find quotes that are satisfactory, you can figure out something that you really want.

Why don't you just use the garden hose? It would be SO much cheaper. :LOL: Sorry, just teasing you but to me that is what all these suggestions about keyboards sound like.

:LOL: Touché~

No, I didn't mean to offend you, either! This keyboard is kind of a blow the dough thing at least for me (although that's not the reason I posted it here), as I actually bought a different keyboard for $19 first (thick and clunky which I returned) and this one was $50. I would normally never pay $50 for a keyboard, as I don't need a wireless keyboard.

Reactions: W2R
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom