Blow That Dough! - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the white box is the projector. In the past I had them mounted on the ceiling behind me. They also had to be in a light controlled room. This is a fairly new thing.

Got my now-annual shipment of steamed Maryland crabs for my blow-that-dough birthday weekend present to myself. Enjoyed several with a cold beer, saving the jumbo lump for crab cakes tomorrow night (I'll eat several more for lunch tomorrow, so that will provide enough for two nice crabcakes.) Yummm. (Note: DH hates picking crabs - "too much work" so he's having leftovers for dinner tonight.)

Awesome! I have been enjoying ordering specialty foods during this pandemic. So far I have been ordering goodies from:

wine.com
La Tienda - Spain specialties
Maple Leaf Farms - duck
IGourmet - mostly cheeses
D’Artagnan - moulard duck

I traded my white 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat for a Delmonico Red 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. I like it so much better. I never loved the Ford.

I love the Dual Panoramic Moonroof and the 12 inch infotainment center on the Ram.

I traded my white 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat for a Delmonico Red 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. I like it so much better. I never loved the Ford.

I love the Dual Panoramic Moonroof and the 12 inch infotainment center on the Ram.

Great move, we hated our F-150. You gotta love the RAM turning radius. We bought another Ram 3500 in March, fully loaded of course 2020.

^sweet! So it projects on a screen, not like the wall projectors of old?
:confused: You could always project on a screen. Why wouldn't you be able to?

I took a quick check and these don't come with the screen, so presumably you could project this on to a wall as well.

Got a new TV. It’s a 120” ultra short throw projector. And a new electronics to go along with it.

My granddaughter is spending the night so we are watching the smurfs.

Interesting. So you pace it right there by the screen seemingly inches away. NO more "down in front"

Got a new TV. It’s a 120” ultra short throw projector. And a new electronics to go along with it.

Is that a 120" space? My current 114" seems bigger, you must not be usng all 120?

Looked at one online, very nice. Did you check out the 2020 Fords too?

:confused: You could always project on a screen. Why wouldn't you be able to?

I took a quick check and these don't come with the screen, so presumably you could project this on to a wall as well.

The screen makes a big difference with this model. I had it projecting on the wall while I was waiting on the screen. It is definatly better with the screen. The screen itself was $1,600 though.

The projector and screen was around $5,000. Prices have come down some from last year.

Old #30 gave out on a bit of cheddar, of all things. I was going to just get the old one glued back on, but the doc said it wouldn't last (besides, no money in a simple glue job, hehehe). Aaaaand the new crown costs a bit of dough:
I broke one on Corn nuts, felt like it had huge missing piece for a day, I didn't even notice it 2 days later. I went to the dentist, he said it will need a cap, when ever I'm ready. Six months later he said, I need to get it taken care of. Maybe next year. I don't even know if it was upper or lower now!

I needed new glasses. Always buy 3 pairs including sun glasses and reading glasses.

Last time I got medium quality glass and economy frames. This time I went all in. Ended up costing 3 times as much as last time.

Can't wait!

Looked at one online, very nice. Did you check out the 2020 Fords too?

I did not. One of my issues with the 2018 F-150 was the transmission. It is not nearly as smooth as it should be in my opinion. Lots of jerky accelerations and such. When you investigate it in online research, there's a lot of noise out there about how people notice it and hate it. And quite a few people having even worse issues with it. Ford dealers seem to just say "that's the way it is" and do nothing about it. I haven't heard that anything is different in the newer models.

The Ram's transmission is smooth as butter.

Forget the technical nonsense. What did you think of the Smurf movie? A fellow grandparent wants to know.

Lol is that PJ 4k? Ive been in market for new one. Our Epson is old 1080p. The screen is real nice we use painted silver screen and it works ok with a light on and some natural but better when dark. My receiver just went out abd I can't pull myself to pay $3000 for the one I want. Might settle on a cheap 4k with 2 sub outs.

I was contemplating a large BTD purchase but it is a biggie so a lot of waffling back and forth. We had a nice boat at our shore house that I downsized when the kids went to college. Now that have all graduated I have been dreaming of moving back up so that we could fish offshore and cruise the east coast. It wasn't until my DW and I were driving through the neighborhood and saw some older folk walking that it hit me like a ton of bricks. They seemed happy but they walked with a limp, or were kind of bent over. Father time is undefeated, right? My wife said "that's going to be us in 15 yrs, you've saved all you life and we can afford it. Go for it!" So here she is-

Attachments

• Pursuit 315 home.jpg
    Pursuit 315 home.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 94
That's blowing dough! How long will she sit in salt water over the winter? Take her out every day before winter sets in solid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom