Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #501
Recycles dryer sheets

What brand/model?
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2020, 08:13 PM   #502
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm View Post
Got a new TV. It’s a 120” ultra short throw projector. And a new electronics to go along with it.

My granddaughter is spending the night so we are watching the smurfs.
What brand/model projector and screen?
Old 10-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #503
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Sweet!

Imma gonna me one too after the house is done. Just a little smaller, half the length and a quarter the power.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:28 AM   #504
Recycles dryer sheets

I turned 60 this year. To celebrate we had planned this long trip out west. Fly out for a few days in Vegas, then on to stay and hike in Bryce, Zion and other parks around the Grand Canyon. A Europe trip was also scheduled earlier in the year. Both trips had to be cancelled. So about a week before my 60th birthday my wife asked what I wanted to do for my big day. I said “I want to be at the ocean”. No way we were getting on a plane but we are only a 5 hour drive from the coast of South Carolina, so we started researching places to stay. Well, it seems like everyone else had the same desire to be at the beach too. All the reasonably priced places were booked. We found a last minute cancelation on a spacious 3 bed / 3 bath condo in an exclusive gated community right on the ocean. Flat screens in every bedroom. Expansive balcony over the water. Heck, it even had a wet bar. The price was WAY over what I had in mind and the place was way too big for just us two. Then I thought, when are you going to turn 60 again and what are we saving money for if not to enjoy? Let’s spurge! So glad we did. Sunrises on the ocean. Biking on the beach. Local seafood. Nature preserves with alligators and coastal birds. Sunsets on the deck with a glass of good rum. Weather in the mid 70’s. Perfect. Originally we had booked only 5 nights. We were having such a good time that we called mid-week and reserved two more nights!
Old 10-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #505
Dryer sheet aficionado

Thx guys! We had her out last weekend with my son and soon-to-be daughter in law. A lot of smiles that day! We like striper fishing so we leave the boat in until Early December then the marina pulls and winterizes the boat. It's going to be a luxury now as this is the first boat we've ever owned with a generator and heat/AC. It also has direct TV so now we can fish and watch the Jets lose )
Old 10-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #506
Give me a forum ...

Ordered up 3 Tuff Sheds for the backyard, fourteen grand.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #507
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter1093 View Post
What brand/model projector and screen?
Optoma P2 projector and Grandview screen .
Old 10-02-2020, 06:51 PM   #508
Full time employment: Posting here.

Very nice boat Jerseytunahunter.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #509
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just withdrew $10K from my IRA as a QCD to a homeless shelter to help them get a handicap shower installed. This way they get the full amount and I whittle my IRA down for the next RMD.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #510
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
I just withdrew $10K from my IRA as a QCD to a homeless shelter to help them get a handicap shower installed. This way they get the full amount and I whittle my IRA down for the next RMD.

+1000
Old 10-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Great BTD!
Old 10-12-2020, 02:24 PM   #512

I just bought a Pole Chain Saw with a 14 Feet reach and a telescopic Hedge Trimmer with an 11 Feet reach that could pivot 180 degrees. DW wants to trim our tall trees and bushes.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:27 PM   #513
Give me a forum ...

Ordered up the outdoor sectional sofa and cushions plus a cover from Restoration Hardware. Seven grand.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:08 PM   #514
Give me a forum ...

Alright! Enjoy!
Old 10-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #515
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
Ordered up the outdoor sectional sofa and cushions plus a cover from Restoration Hardware. Seven grand.
Restoration Hardware's is good stuff. Not cheap by any means. Great to way to blow that dough!
Old 10-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #516

Just ordered live Dungeness crabs for DW's birthday. She is NUTS about it. By the time you pay for the ~$25/crab with 4 minimum, the Sat. delivery fee, and the overnight FedEx bill, you are talking real money!
Old 10-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #517
Recycles dryer sheets

You (or perhaps your wife) have excellent choice in crustaceans!

Enjoy!
Old 10-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alectoris View Post
You (or perhaps your wife) have excellent choice in crustaceans!

Enjoy!
Thank you! I appreciate the comment.

Yes, I am also ga-ga over them. We spent some time in the Northwest, and grew very fond of them! They are very difficult to get here in the midwest. I am thrilled when I visit San Francisco or the northwest and can get them live in a supermarket!
Old 10-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #519
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
Just ordered live Dungeness crabs for DW's birthday. She is NUTS about it. By the time you pay for the ~$25/crab with 4 minimum, the Sat. delivery fee, and the overnight FedEx bill, you are talking real money!
Yum, my favorite!
Old 10-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #520
Give me a forum ...

The Dungeness crab used to be my fave crab as well, until I overdid it when I lived in the bay area in CA. When I found out that I could pick a live Dungeness crab out of a tank and have it steamed at Ranch 99 (having it steamed was free), I kept on going back for more. I think it cost only around $20 for one Dungeness crab of a decent size (enough for one meal for me). It may cost more now as that was at least 5 years ago though, but probably not by much.
Closed Thread