Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-25-2021, 07:25 AM   #1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
Price varies by contractor, floor condition and material you want them to use. Epoxy is the Cheapest and Polyurea is the most expensive. Cost varies between $2.50 and $5.50 a square foot. We went for the best material with a 15 year guarantee. Our cost was in the upper middle.
Thanks!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 09:49 AM   #1062
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
We had a neighbor who had bought a new king sized mattress and box spring and the furniture store was going to take away her Sleep Number. At the same time, we has a firm king sized mattress that DW hated, so we just swapped. While I like the Sleep Number, I had no idea that they cost so much!
Wow, great deal!!! SN has a number of different 'grades' of beds, greatly varying in price. I don't recall the differences in the various grades and why we decided on the one we got. I imagine having the ability to vary the head/foot positions add greatly to the price.
TrvlBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:45 AM   #1063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerides View Post
Nah, put the old one in the garage as a spillover fridge. Great for sodas and water, and extra space in a pinch. Acts as your failover as well to avoid the panic buy if the main dies.

Our old one is over 20 years old now, doing just fine in a florida garage since 2007.
I have one like that in the garage and I have one in a studio I built in our attic. But, I did find someone to gift the old fridge to, a drug addiction rehab living facility;

https://www.tbrm.org/
skipro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:49 AM   #1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipro33 View Post
I have one like that in the garage and I have one in a studio I built in our attic. But, I did find someone to gift the old fridge to, a drug addiction rehab living facility;

https://www.tbrm.org/
Good deal!

We're so dependent on the flexibility of the extra fridge now, if it died I'd go out and buy the cheapest thing I could find to put in its place. Our kitchen one is counter-depth as well, so it really has limited space for bulkier things, especially the freezer. Most likely the newer indoor one will give out before the older garage one.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:54 AM   #1065
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
To blow the dough, a shooter could do worse than with a Barrett 50-cal gun. Weight of 32 lbs, and length almost 5'. This is your dream gun.

The initial outlay is $10K, but after that each shot is only $3.
Everything I've seen or read about this weapon is that it is amazing - but not fun. Shooting one of these is brutal and a true assault on the body and the senses. Having said that, I'd like to try it once. YMMV

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:06 AM   #1066

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider View Post
A picture is worth a Thousand Words, or did I mean $$$$
too pretty to put a car in on that floor!--LOL.
Looks very nice
Old 06-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #1067
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrvlBug View Post
Wow, great deal!!! SN has a number of different 'grades' of beds, greatly varying in price. I don't recall the differences in the various grades and why we decided on the one we got. I imagine having the ability to vary the head/foot positions add greatly to the price.
Our doesn't elevate head or feet... just can adjust firmness for each side with a wired control that adds or takes out air. Funny thing, after testing various setting the first few nights, we haven't touched it in years.

Retired Jan 2012 at age 56
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4uski View Post
Our doesn't elevate head or feet... just can adjust firmness for each side with a wired control that adds or takes out air. Funny thing, after testing various setting the first few nights, we haven't touched it in years.
I'll never again do without the ability to adjust the head position. I suffer from vertigo and that feature is a godsend. Also for reading in bed.
TrvlBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:25 PM   #1069
Give me a forum ...

I can’t sleep laying down when sick because of my asthma. I bought one where the head elevates.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:00 PM   #1070

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBAustin View Post
The color is called Supersonic Red and it's only available (at extra cost) on some Toyota models. It really is stunning. My first (and most likely only) red car. My response to Koolau and my DH is that I really don't think LEOs are going to pay much attention to a Prius, so I hope I'm right.

There is essentially no inventory of anything and according to the dealer, with the 2022s coming out in late summer, it will get worse before it gets better due to the production downtime for model-year switchover.

I was able to test drive a regular Prius about a month ago and they checked their list of cars they were expecting to come in and found this one - exactly what I wanted. I thought it over for a few days and checked to see if I could find one in Houston or Dallas at a better price, but no one had anything. So it was a no-haggle deal at sticker price. Could have been better, but could have been worse.

ETA: I just got back from a 20 mile round trip without using the gas engine and a good bit of battery capacity left. Very cool!
Prius Primes currently have a $4,500 rebate in the Northern California market. Can't understand why.
Another Reader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:17 PM   #1071
Recycles dryer sheets

Did the paperwork for a new to me car today. It's a 3 year old Audi A5 convertible, top of the line with every option available. Neighbor had it coming off lease and wasn't going to buy it. Told me a few months ago I could have it for the buyout price. Despite having upgraded both cars over the winter due to the deals (before the shortage came up), I was thinking a fun car was in the works.

Fast forward to end of lease time, and they could have made more money than selling to me with the price increases in the used car market, but they stuck by our verbal agreement. They were originally thinking they would turn it in since their family situation changed after getting it and it no longer made sense for them. But said they'd let me come out ahead instead of the dealer.

And... only 12K miles. Woohoo!
oldphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #1072
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphd View Post
Did the paperwork for a new to me car today. It's a 3 year old Audi A5 convertible, top of the line with every option available. Neighbor had it coming off lease and wasn't going to buy it. Told me a few months ago I could have it for the buyout price. Despite having upgraded both cars over the winter due to the deals (before the shortage came up), I was thinking a fun car was in the works.

Fast forward to end of lease time, and they could have made more money than selling to me with the price increases in the used car market, but they stuck by our verbal agreement. They were originally thinking they would turn it in since their family situation changed after getting it and it no longer made sense for them. But said they'd let me come out ahead instead of the dealer.

Nice.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:13 PM   #1073
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

That is such a gorgeous car, I love it. Enjoy it and post a pic.....
Old 06-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #1074
Give me a forum ...

Great deal, but gosh they deserve a bonus!
Old 06-28-2021, 12:55 AM   #1075
Give me a forum ...

Sounds good but when you buy a car which has finished its lease, you no longer have a warranty right?

That is when German luxury cars become absurdly expensive, the major maintenance and repairs out of warranty. Talking about 5-figure bills being common.

I am finishing a lease on a BMW X3 and I've put under 11k miles in 3 years. Might be worth buying but then don't want to deal with potential big repairs and maintenance.
explanade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post
Sounds good but when you buy a car which has finished its lease, you no longer have a warranty right?

That is when German luxury cars become absurdly expensive, the major maintenance and repairs out of warranty. Talking about 5-figure bills being common.

I am finishing a lease on a BMW X3 and I've put under 11k miles in 3 years. Might be worth buying but then don't want to deal with potential big repairs and maintenance.
I own a 2011 Audi which is a blast to drive and I've never even approached a 5-figure repair or service bill.

Fingers crossed!
Huston55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #1077

Quote:
Originally Posted by explanade View Post

You don't REALLY mean 5 figure, right? 4 figure service bills are stiff, but 5 figure? I mean, come on, you can buy a very decent used car for that....
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #1078
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huston55 View Post
I own a 2011 Audi which is a blast to drive and I've never even approached a 5-figure repair or service bill.

Fingers crossed!
Same here with a 2011 BMW Z4.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #1079
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:

My 2018 Audi A5 cabriolet also with 12k miles is near lease end. Market on the car is $10k or so over the buyout price. Audi leasing makes it difficult to sell it to a dealer, as they markup the buyout. So, I have to buy it from Audi and then sell it in order to unlock the equity in the lease. It is a fun car to drive here in SoCal.
rrppve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:49 PM   #1080

I would claim that there is a hole in the bottom of my purse where all that money keeps falling out of all of a sudden. The problem is when I get my visa bill I recognize all of the charges. But I used to only charge somewhere around $300 a month and now it's well over $1500. I think I'm just so glad to get out that I'm doing retail therapy
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote