Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #41
gone traveling

Unless you are looking for something stylish, I opt for a tactical belt. There are dozens of choices.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #42
Confused about dryer sheets

For a heavy duty belt that can carry gear and still look nice it's tough to beat "thebeltman". They are pretty expensive but are top quality.

For a cheaper belt that works great, is infinitely adjustable, and is a good deal I'd recommend the Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt.
timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Interesting that no one mentioned lehmans.com because they're in Amish country and cater to those with an "only buy it once" outlook ;-) I've never bought a belt from them, but everything else I've bought has been excellent.

Or maybe llbean.com - I've not purchased a belt from them but I can't wear out some of their jackets and my wife and I both like their flannel sheets.
papaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Gun belts are reinforced to hold holsters. That might work?
TN_INVEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #45
Confused about dryer sheets

I've used a Daltech synthetic belt for years and expect it to last the rest of my life. It is impervious to chemicals and moisture (unlike even the best leather) and looks "normal" with jeans.

https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...superbio-black
LFOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:32 PM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've taken up leather crafting as a hobby (number 746) and am still learning. My next project is going to be a basic belt after which I will probably try a heavy duty gun belt. Should be interesting to fool around with.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:14 AM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

https://www.mechanicsurplus.com/prod...QaAmEMEALw_wcB

Just saw this thread; sorry I'm late to party. I used one of these belts for over 25 years. Suspenders are optional. Of course it is worn over your normal belt, but will carry about anything, mine carried about 20# gear; instruments, rock hammer, self rescuer, spads, electrical tape, tools, cap lamp, flame safety lamp. While the big battery cap lamp and flame safety lamp went the course of the dodo bird, I preferred wearing a cap lamp with a cord, as 6'5" tall, losing one's hardhat and having it blow down an entry, was unsafe in my opinion.
Winemaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:37 AM   #48
Full time employment: Posting here.

I bought the Men's Lifetime belt (brown) from Duluth Trading. It's thick (about 1/4 inch) but very pliable and impressive looking belt. Normal cost is $69.95, but there was a 25% off sale, so it only cost $52.46 when purchased in person. I originally was going to get the Men's Gets Better with Age belt at normal price of $44.95, but the store stock had visible scratches on the surface of the belt.

If you want to build your own belt, Tandy Leather is good source. My father still wears one of their belts he made years ago.
Al18 is offline   Reply With Quote