Canada / New England cruise - Looking for insight.

Re: Canada / New England cruise - Looking for insi

Oh, do you STICK them on in California?

Amazing. I guess then 105 degrees would be just about perfect.

(You do have my sympathy for that; even in normal hot weather, roofing is dangerously hot.) My kid managed to get dehydrated from driving home from Maine in her dad's non-air-conditioned vehicle, then never bothering to drink much of anything today. She gets dehydrated at least once a year and never seems to learn. I could almost smack her, it makes me so mad.

Anne

Well ya nail em, but they have tar parts that you need the heat to 'stick'...the nails are mostly to hold them in place until everything 'seals'. Best time of year to do a roof is before summer so they have time to seal; worst time is just before winter.

We're getting a nice patch of mid 80's weather this week, which is unheard of around here in august.

We had some heat (90's) with humidity that would make you weep. It's still warm (hi 80's) but the humidity has dropped to mere sweating levels.

However, it was nice and cool in the rink! Trumpeting Angel did not score, however, she fell on her bad shoulder (once), on her knees which are now complaining (3x), and did hook and trip Paul but didn't get away with it - rats.

My teammates had the nerve to tell me I'm improving. :confused:

Came home and went directly to the shower. Despite the fact that I washed everything washable, that same old hockey smell is seeping from my bag. . .

Anne

110 degrees - heat index(temp,humidity,wind) - lake temp. 86. What a great day! Sat in the shade under the neighbors camp and 'supervised his repair' of a boat trailer tire. Let the golden retriever swim a little, putzed with pump house air balance valve and we 'back charged the tank' with an air compressor - 85psi - for the rest of the summer. Ah - Jimmy Buffett heaven. Wore the Aloha shirt my sister sent for my birthday last month. Doing nothing in particular is good.

I *wish* I had nothing in particular to do, or was on a cruise to canada and new england.

What I *do* have is a small pile of leftover siding, a few boxes of shingles, and some leftover wood trim...and an old shed that is in dire need of all three.

Maybe I'll leave it for a Fall job.

On the other hand, if I do that, three years from now I'll have a small pile of leftover siding, a few boxes of shingles, some leftover wood trim, and a shed thats fallen apart.

What I *do* have is a small pile of leftover siding, a few boxes of shingles, and some leftover wood trim...and an old shed that is in dire need of all three

This sounds like a lot like Work :D

It is. But it beats the heck out of wasting a couple of hundred bucks worth of leftover stuff, or parking it all in a pile in the corner and letting it rot.

The good news is I got halfway through the trim work when I got a call that the buyer for my car FINALLY came up with the cash and I went for an hour drive and picked up twelve grand.

Woo hoo! Lobster and filet mignon for my birthday dinner next week! :)

Back
Top Bottom