Class of 2012

I used to hate Sunday nights. I now love them and all the rest of the days and nights. I cannot believe the change that has come over me:D;). I am so relaxed and look forward to the next day. I have many projects but some have to wait while I work on my golf game:D I know retirement may not be for everyone but it is for me. I had a dream the other night that I was still working, what a nightmare that dream was:dance: the new oldtrig

As always, these types of posts are inspiring....you folks are making me antsy!!!

Dave (potential class of 2013)

Getting that Sunday night gloom...looked at the calendar, only have 10 more Sundays where I have to start thinking about a Monday at work.

About 27 more Mondays for me.... :( Amazing how many in the class of 2012 have already retired.

Yep, I'm jealous, but love reading how excited everyone retiring has been!

Blackwoodt said:
About 27 more Mondays for me.... :( Amazing how many in the class of 2012 have already retired.

The benefit of working the first of year is you maximize your 401k contributions and put money in a Roth and the retire with very little income to show for it but and extra bucket of savings
TJ

Hey I retired 22 days ago . I finished the $$ do I have enough stuff about
5 months ago and been reading all the "get a life" type books. Best advice
I ever had was I think on this forum - something about being a kid again
doing what you love.
I always loved being outdoors and working out.
Today I went to stone mt. park and hiked for 2 hours
Yesterday I helped my mother in law doing yard work
Monday went out in my boat
Sunday went hiking in Jack Rabbit......
Saturday went biking
Last Wednesday in the middle of the day just got on the bike and went for
a ride..... it was great.
For the first 2 weeks every morning I'd wake up and think it was Saturday. I liked the people I use to wo*& with but no way I could ever go back.
My wife says I look so much more relaxed... like a big load of my mind..

Today was the first day I set the alarm clock (was meeting a friend to hike with). Not bad hearing that think go off when it's to go have fun....

27 Monday's isn't that far off..... (esp. if you sneak vacations or 2 )

before you know it you will be adding your name to that list!

I am finished next Friday. Much to do between now and then. Lots of people to say good bye to (the really hard part). I admit that I am feeling some mild regrets right now but also can't wait to be set free.

Counting.

36 days to go!
The good ole countdown calendar says 36 days to go, then Freedom.
Yesterday Megacorp reorganized my Department again. Layoffs, 50% more work and responsibility for survivors, really horrible stuff. So glad I will be out.
At the same time, I feel bad for the good people that I will leave behind. It just seems that corporate America is squeezing the life and joy out of employees. It is taking some of the joy out of FIRE.
I have a feeling I will get over it soon. I hope...:(

The benefit of working the first of year is you maximize your 401k contributions and put money in a Roth and the retire with very little income to show for it but and extra bucket of savings
TJ

Excellent!

I have to wait until the end of September to be eilgible for retiree health insurance... otherwise I would be enjoying retirement with you!

Enjoy!

36 days to go!
.. I feel bad for the good people that I will leave behind...
I have a feeling I will get over it soon. I hope...:(
I felt the same way. I worked with a lot of great people. I almost felt
sorry for them when I left....
good luck on your retirement!

12 more weeks....
58 actual working days....
until I stop working

Retirement? Technically that is 5 more months since I still have to put in a Summer vacation.

Posting for my 55 yo DH who has just set his retirement (from Dept of Energy) for next month April 27. With the RIF offer, he will draw an immediate unreduced pension and a soc sec supplement. In our minds, he is retired, although he has accepted an offer to work as a contracted civillian (20-30 hrs /week for a full year) to train his replacement. As long as he has "stuff" to do in his lab, he still enjoys his career. He's considering opting out of benefits in exchange for increased hourly wage (1.45 X current hourly wage). I'm excited for him!

43 working days for me :)

Official retirement date is July 1. My co-workers ask me how i am feeling, almost every day. (I feel GREAT)!!

Tomorrow evening, my employer and co-workers are throwing a dinner party for me at a local restaurant. Friday, I turn in my company car, laptop and cell phone. By about 3:00 pm I will be free.

Tomorrow evening, my employer and co-workers are throwing a dinner party for me at a local restaurant. Friday, I turn in my company car, laptop and cell phone. By about 3:00 pm I will be free.

Yahoo! Congratulations. :dance:
Are you blue? Or happy?

ohyes said:
43 working days for me :)

Official retirement date is July 1. My co-workers ask me how i am feeling, almost every day. (I feel GREAT)!!

Congrats to you!! I'm sure you are excited, I am looking at a July 31st retirement date, however, I have the Illinois legislature playing with my retirement benefits as I type this. I am hoping they do not act on any pension bills until the fall, but they could pass something before July 1st

Yahoo! Congratulations. :dance:
Are you blue? Or happy?

Both really. Mostly happy. I think the realization that I will miss so many of the people I work with has hit me just this week. It will pass and I can keep in touch with the closest few.

I seem to be growing a bit more distant from the work environment. The static and stuff that flies around the basic job no longer seems that important.

Just received notice that the school board has accepted my retirement.
!!!!! Short timer's attitude just jumped up another few notches. :dance:

I got my formal notice today! I walk away on June 30 with about 20 months worth of net salary. With accumulated vacation time, I have 26 w*rking days to go.

I got my formal notice today! I walk away on June 30 with about 20 months worth of net salary. With accumulated vacation time, I have 26 w*rking days to go.

Congratulations, BigNick!

Today is day one of retirement for me. I'm starting a new adventure. Sign me up for the class of 2012. Thanks to everyone on this forum. The knowledge I have received from this forum is priceless. Congratulations to all the other members of the class of 2012.

Today is day one of retirement for me. I'm starting a new adventure. Sign me up for the class of 2012. Thanks to everyone on this forum. The knowledge I have received from this forum is priceless. Congratulations to all the other members of the class of 2012.

Congratulations!!!!

Wow so much good news!

My husband gave notice today, so officially each of us has the last same day, May 4.

YAY

Back
Top Bottom