Class of 2012

Kayaking sounds like a great kick off! Congratulations-- so exciting.

BellBarbara - thanks. You crack me up - "Mind sucking" - what a perfect description!

Kayaking with a nice picnic? Priceless! These types of activities should certainly help MrBellBarbara to settle down.

Have a blast!
Pete

Well, after 31 years, 1 month and 13 days, I finally made it! The past seven weeks have gone by very fast. I stayed busy until 15:30 today, then cleaned up my office. I had to terminate myself because my boss was out of town as well as the rest of his minions. I filled out my exit interview using the "suggested questions" on the back of the form, had security terminate my access, then gave my security card and corporate credit card to the sec... I mean, administrative assistant, and had her walk me out the door. At 16:45 I was a free man. :dance: Let the games begin.

12ridehd
aeross 60 1/31/12
amfox1 2/29/12
Aviator 9/1/12
Aruba50 4/12
Bellbarbara 4/12
Beowolf 2/29/12
Blackwoodt 09/28/12
BradMM
Chainsbegone 6/12
Cato 6/30/2012
Chris2008 7/12
Chuckanut 9/12
CitizenK 3/12
Da Nag 5/1/12
Dancingmama
DFW M5
fwest 2/27/12
Gary M
Grandlakeokie 4/1
GT1 Doug 5/11/12
Ksols 6/12
Lagniappe (4/23/12)
LeapDay2012 2/29/12 (46)
marylandcrab
Mexico 7/12
mh 2/10/12
o2chim2
Obgyn65
Ohyes 7/1/12
Oldtrig 2/29/12
Palomalou 5/12
Pegcarddave 3/1/12
Piano88
Plattj 1
potto 0213
psweath 3/1/12
RynoSeattle 2/1/12
RootyToot 10/31
Scony
SJ1_ 2/2012
teejayevans 3/2/12
TeeRa 8/12
Traineeinvestor
Unallowable
Worker Bee 4/27/12
z-d-g 3/1/12

Congratulations, Doug.

I have 8 more working days. When I began teaching, i had a 4 digit # of teaching days ahead of me. Having a ONE digit ahead now blows me away.:dance:

I should put my foot in the door here. I'm 62 and figured I wanted to quit work this year, 40 years of employment is enough, etc.
But WHEN shall be my last day? Sometime in the fall I decided a while back.

In a separate frame of mind, I booked another dive trip to Bonaire, leaving on Saturday, October 27 for two weeks. So then it came to me :facepalm: that's IT, Friday, 10/26 shall be the end of the road.

Still too far away to say anything at the office if I want to keep my engineering work interesting over the summer. I do think I'll have a chat with my boss and with HR just after Labor Day to put this into motion.
Unless I chicken out...:nonono:

Well, after 31 years, 1 month and 13 days, I finally made it! The past seven weeks have gone by very fast. I stayed busy until 15:30 today, then cleaned up my office. I had to terminate myself because my boss was out of town as well as the rest of his minions. I filled out my exit interview using the "suggested questions" on the back of the form, had security terminate my access, then gave my security card and corporate credit card to the sec... I mean, administrative assistant, and had her walk me out the door. At 16:45 I was a free man. :dance: Let the games begin.
Congratulations Doug and welcome to the club!

Just skipped a weekend get-together meeting designed to discuss changes in next year's school schedule. One person asked me "Won't you miss having input?" Ummm.... No.

After 31 years I gave my last final... entered all grades! Turned in my badge, purchase card, keys, and laptop...out the door! It Is Finally Here!

After 31 years I gave my last final... entered all grades! Turned in my badge, purchase card, keys, and laptop...out the door! It Is Finally Here!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Ksol. How have these first few days of retirement feeling?

My last day of w*rk is TODAY!

Chuckanut said:
Just skipped a weekend get-together meeting designed to discuss changes in next year's school schedule. One person asked me "Won't you miss having input?" Ummm.... No.
Incredible!

ohyes said:
Congratulations, Ksol. How have these first few days of retirement feeling?

My last day of w*rk is TODAY!

Congrats. Savor it, then get out the door and start living. I can't answer how it feels, I'm still kind of numb. Last night I stayed up until I was tired, not some self mandated bedtime!

Very surprisingly (to me), i cried at the end of my last work day.:(

After dinner out and a few beers, I am back on track. Yes, SAVOR.

School's out....foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :dance:

Congrats Ksols and ohyes! :dance::dance:
I predict you are gonna LOVE retirement.

ohyes said:
Very surprisingly (to me), i cried at the end of my last work day.
It's natural to feel regret and nostalgia as a door closes behind you. We humans are all conflicted beings!

Today is my last full day at work. (I'm going to come in on a couple of Fridays in June as there is some non-delegatable paperwork that needs signing; don't worry, I didn't take them out of my remaining leave entitlement.)

I posted this on my Facebook status:
It's my last full day at work. I hope it works out better for me than for the typical American police officer, as depicted in movies.

Someone replied with this great clip (contains profanity): I'm Too Old For This Sh*t

I will make my official "Class of 2012" joining post here on my official last day on the payroll (June 30, or rather, June 29, being the Friday before).

Gloating

Just sat through a rather confusing and depressing staff meeting about next year. I tried very hard not to gloat, or at least not to show it. :D

:) Chuck.

During the last couple weeks of school, some of my co-workers would ask me to wipe that grin off your face.

We were getting pumped up about summer and i was thinking about this summer vacation wasn't coming to an end!!

---of course, it will someday, but God willing, not for awhile....

add me to the Class of 2012. My last day is June 15.

I had been trying to hold on but an illogical organization change earlier this year and having to sit through 3 solid days of Objective setting over a 3 week period finally did me in.

My FIRE numbers have been good for quite a while so 10 more work days!:D

DW has been in favor of this for a while

My retirement party

Forgive me if i already posted this....like yesterday, lol. I had requested NO RETIREMENT PARTY, so they used the end-of-the-year-party to say farewell. This is what I received from different groups. Makes me to smile to remember:

$40 gift certificate to liquor store in neighboring county
$30 gift certificate to " "
$25 Fandango gift card
pregnancy test
3 travel magazines
insulated beach bag
Illustrated Guide to Kama Sutra (some of the pages had Post-It Notes marking "good things to try" ;)

:LOL: They are bad, bad, bad, fun, fun, fun (ex) co-workers

17 days to go, I have just finished a week on call and it has been brutal. The first farewell will be on Friday and I have yet to work on my farewell speech, I would have been happy to walk off in the sunset but I feel strongly about thanking the people who made my work so much more enjoyable and interesting.

My working life for the past 20 years has been spent working as a male amongst many women, and I have enjoyed their companionship, their dedication and their selflessness, and I cannot praise them highly enough. There always seem to be negative perceptions about women by men, but I have found most of them to be trustworthy, intelligent, hardworking and stimulating companions and they have enriched my life.

Back
Top Bottom