Class of 2023

Congrats Mook1e!
We just passed the 100 week mark.
99 weeks of work to go, 99 weeks of work :)

I am now humming 92 weeks of work to go, 92 weeks of work... Tomorrow I will hear from our CEO the plan for return to the office so I'll have an idea of how much of that time will be there. My hope is I can continue to work from home as much as possible for my final 20 months. It is so much easier without 45 minutes each way on the train.

I'm in, late in the year, will be 63. Just zero'd in about 6 months ago with a lot of insight from here. Can't believe only 18 months left!

I am jealous. Congrats on having a date, a plan, and your lifetime savings!

Hopefully as I approach 62 I will be able to start a countdown.

Just registered today. We are shooting for 2023. I'll be 56 and wife will be 53. I'm going to start collecting my pension from previous employer next year. Zero debt. Financial advisor says we should be good to go.

DW is beginning to believe. I gave her the monthly accounting and she really had nothing to say. She thought that we would never say those numbers. We have 95 weeks to prepare us mentally as much as to finalize the plan.
It is such a huge shift from the treadmill to doing what we want.

Ironically both of our jobs are helping us out the door in the mental preparedness process. I know the transition is going to be tough nonetheless, but when you get no support it does make it easier.

Looks like DW and I are joining this class. We had plans to retire this year (2022) but DW isn't quite there yet.

All that being said, she had some issues last year with her vision in one eye (giant floaters/vitreous fluid issue). They also found she had cataracts and she had those removed (Hey no glasses anymore!), but in her eye exam this week they said she will probably see the same issue in her other eye within the next few years.

She was telling me that yesterday as we were WFH in our basement.....I looked over at her and said: " I don't care how we do it, this is our last year working". And she agreed that whatever we have to do, this is our last year.

So here's to 2023!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. i am still on track for early to mid 2023 Been a long time coming but not rushing life.... It will be here before we know it

Set the date as April 28, 2023. Could be earlier by a couple months - but setting the end of April as the latest. Just a bit over 12 mos!

Congrats on having a date. Ours is similar but as they say, subject to change. YMMV

I had planned to be part of this group, but am now thrilled to say my last day of work is officially June 1. Because I work half time and had to work some extra days in January, I actually only have about 14 days left.

I am, as it is said, leaving money on the table by moving my retirement up a year, but realized we have enough.

Good luck to everyone….

I am excited to officially join the Class of 2023. Last day of w*rk will be September 5, 2023. Now, I need to set a count down timer!

Didn't see a thread so figured I'd start one. I'll be 58. Tentatively marking 5/1/2023 as the date. :dance:

Anyone else targeting 2023?
Hi yes, at the third attempt im aiming for May 23 and I will be 54 !

Hi Everyone. I was planning on exiting the 9-5 in 2023 and moving to part time. However plans have changed now that the economy has darkened. Hopefully join the class of 2025 and grind it out for another 2.5 years.

My wife and I are still planning a May 2023 retirement (timing it after bonus payouts). Even with the market down we are still in good shape. Some of our money is in pensions so the market is not impacting that. Our house will be paid for by the end of this year, our cars are both paid for, and we have zero dollars on on our credit cards. We also have a couple of years of liquidity that we can use to fund our retirement while the market recovers.

All that being said, we will not do anything stupid. We both have really good paying J*bs and we both WFH. So if we needed to change our plans we could and then spend a few extra months just building liquidity and investing while the market is down. Time will tell.

I was planning to retire end of this year 2022 (Dec. 2022). However, with this economy, my retirement has moved 6 months to June 30, 2023. It's final now - It's mid-2023 and my employer and boss knows. I turn 59.5 years old, so no worries about any 10% penalties for withdrawing from the 401K and IRAs. I'll be batch 2023 :) I hit my number last year, but lost some due to market. Should be more confident with 1 more year.

I guess I should join this thread, as I pushed out from 2022 some time ago. A that time, we set a 2/4/23 target date. We have been stuck in OMY with a lot of anxiety on the spouse's side. Now the economy and market pullback are conspiring to put further pressure (we're still well past any reasonable number).

We've let the month of exit slip to early fall for logistics reasons. 2023 will be busy, building a new house, doing a short plat subdivision and utilities for that and the house, geothermal heat and solar panels in time to harvest the 22% tax credits in that last year of the program.
My work is flexible enough that I can take a week here or there to build the house and do the work in phases.
DW also gets a bump in both the maximum PTO bank and accrual rate. She can get 460 hours of severance plus a few hundred hours of extended PTO from an older system.
I just need to get occupancy before the end of the year. I figure Sept 1 will give me enough time if i cut out all supply chain problems.

Class of 2023 - specifically June 1, 2023 - my 50th birthday. I'm on the "30-and-out" pension program. My husband has retired once (also 30-and-out) and is double-dipping in another local govt for his 2nd pension. Found this site because I'm experiencing some serious "senior-itis"!

Joining Class of 2023

Greetings Class of 2023,

Sadly I have been in two previous Classes (2021 and 2022). New target is June 2023 - but subject to change (health scare this year - need a year to get an all clear before I walk away from mega corp's fab healthcare).

In the meantime I am planning a wonderful trip to keep me motivated!

CBH

Getting closer. Still planning on early March 2023. I am hitting the 29 weeks to go mark.

Back
Top Bottom