Cost of living Surprises

Health insurance and taxes. I guess that should not be a surprise. :-\

whitestick said:
... I personally think that untill our gutless politicians start making decisions that are needed for quality of life, rather then putting money in their pockets, we will continue to have some of these problems. I don't expect that they will...

Texas does not have a monopoly on snakes and scorpions... ahem I mean politicians. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And by the way, they are not gutless... on the contrary they have rather large guts from gorging on tax dollars. Now if you said mindless... I would agree. A scorpion has a very small one track mind... how to sting you! :D

Seriously... How many local politicians do you really have faith in? The lower on the ladder, the more inept. The only good thing about local politicians is their mayhem is localized!

Sorry for the rant. We have a number of incompetent boobs running our local government. It is no wonder, really capable business people won't accept the low pay. Plus competent people have other opportunities to grow thier ego.

Opps sorry again. I better stop while I am ahead :-X

73ss454 said:
If you plan on moving anywhere in Florida and will buy a house, plan on getting spanked with property taxes.

True enough (not to mention high property insurance rates), but they will not rise more than 3% per year, by law. That plus the lack of state income tax make for a decent, if odd, tax environment overall in most places down here.

chinaco said:
The lower on the ladder, the more inept. The only good thing about local politicians is their mayhem is localized!
Your implication is that the higher on the ladder, the more ept. When you look at the shining examples at the federal level (on both Dem and Reb), I believe that the lower ladder training is actually proof that the more inept at leading anyway, the higher they go. It's the popularity cotests (I mean elections) that determine if they get on the ballot, and the back room dealmaking that determines if they stay. The really stupid ones eventually get caught.
Unfortunately as Plato said "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
And most of us, myself included, don't really want to participate in politics. So I guess we are all guilty, and deserve what we get - doesn't mean that we have to like it though.

Back
Top Bottom