Cross Country Trip!

I think I saw that movie.

Wasnt that the one where in the middle of everyone getting killed by a mysterious evil peson all the girls decide its time to take a shower?

Anyhow, faced with that situation (the scenario, not girls in the shower) I'd try as hard as humanly possible to NOT look like a road sign.  Thats all I can come up with.
Well of course you wouldn't be looking at the road sign -- not with all those girls in the shower to look at. :D

A bunch naked girls :p showering in large slow moving shower stall in the middle of the desert following you or "vice" versa while you are dodging bullets. :eek:

Interesting fantasy. ;)

MJ :D

You guys are pretty funny :) People who shoot at road signs, telephone lines, and mailboxes should be boiled in their
own juices IMHO. But, I see something almost as
moronic every day when I walk my black lab. We live
right by 3 state parks and one state forest, plus one real nice city park (it's not in the city, which is kind of neat). Anyway, the amount of trash and junk discarded
is just appalling, and these would be absolutely
beautiful areas (almost pristine by Illinois standards).
The trash doesn't bother me as h in the cities since
avoid them anyway. People dumping old tires and beer
cans on nature's bounty really ticks me off (EOR).

JG

You guys are pretty funny  :)  
 People dumping old tires and beer
cans on nature's bounty really ticks me off  (EOR).

JG

Me too and well worth a rant or two. BTW Black labs are awesome dogs. Friennds have three and my cousin has one. May be my next dog. Currently have a St Bernard. Also a very cool dog.
Bruce

On another topic, have you considered self-protection? That can take all forms such as clubs, knives, pepper spray, and guns. I would think someone on a cross-country trip would want to have something with which to defend themselves from either a human or animal attack.

On an RV web site I visit on occasion, someone gave the tip of keeping oven cleaner for self protection as oven cleaner is legal in all 50 states. Interesting. But I would worry about the amount of damage it could do as compared to pepper spray.

On an RV web site I visit on occasion, someone gave the tip of keeping oven cleaner for self protection as oven cleaner is legal in all 50 states.  Interesting.  But I would worry about the amount of damage it could do as compared to pepper spray.
I think that would only work on a dirty crook. Also, make sure you don't spray him as he opens the front door since the backwind may cause the mist of EasyOff to blow back at you and will make for an interesting police report.

Another advantage to a shotgun (no 'backwind").
You might get a little splatter on the door and walls though. Additionally, you can hit the perp about anywhere and it will stop him/her (note - gender
friendly). Thus, you don't have to really aim, just
point and shoot. Simple and effective.

JG

A dog works better. Although RV' ers have encountered restrictions even there - certain State Parks:confused: - as I recall.

Another advantage to a shotgun (no 'backwind").
I agree with the shotgun defense. Would an FID card suffice in allowing you to carry a shotgun across state borders, or do you need to pay for a license in each state you enter? I have a Class A license to carry all firearms in my state, but I haven't looked into the rules for carrying a shotgun across state borders since I don't have a shotgun, and I don't plan anytime soon on crossing state borders with the shotgun I don't have.

Okay. I have to ask about this.

First, I should point out that I have been a pretty adventurous travelor. I've hitchiked through 46 states and into Canada and Mexico. I have crossed the line of legal behavior to get enough money to eat on dozens of occasions. I've traveled without guides extensively in Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Mexico, Egypt, Greece and several countries in Europe. I've worked in roadhouses and worse for a little money to get me down the road. I've stumbled into high dollar illegal deals and participated as a matter of safety. To this day, my DW and I spend a couple of nights a week in redneck dives and cycle bars where we go to dance.

Throughout these experiences, I have never carried a gun. I have never looked down the barrel of a gun except those held by corrupt or misguided law enforcement or military personnel. I have never been in a situation when pulling a gun would have seemed to have been advisable. . . in fact, my experience is quite the opposite. I feel confident that in the most tense situations I have been in, pulling a gun would have created a situation of greater danger. I cannot recall a single time in my life, when pulling a gun on another human being would have been a good thing to do.

So . . . those of you who are convinced that guns make you safer, can you tell us how many times you have used your guns for protection and how it came out? It seems like a pretty dangerous move to me, and I'm curious how you guys have managed it.

To this day, my DW and I spend a couple of nights a week in redneck dives and cycle bars where we go to dance.
You must be a little slower to come out with "Blow Me" in these situations?

Mikey

Ah yes, biker bars, a fixture of my former wayward life.

There is one nearby here which is pretty popular locally.
Saw on the news they found a dead body in the parking lot last week, a homicide of course. I am not sure if that
would be good or bad for business considering the
usual customers.

JG

You must be a little slower to come out with "Blow Me" in these situations?

Mikey

Some people may not know the difference between an internet early retirement board and a real life biker bar. I am not one of those people. ;)

Well, the long awaited and 2 week delayed (an update to my Lasik surgery post is needed :p) cross-country trip is beginning tomorrow. I guess we will 'rush' to Oklahoma to make up for lost time and go from there.

Thanks to all for the great advice!

Beachbumz 8)

Back
Top Bottom