Discounts for the 50+ crowd

I travel a lot. - The problem with a lot of these 'discounts' are that they are applied to the 'retail price' - When I travel and book anything on-line the discount has usually been applied and any further discounts are not applicable.

Most of these 'savings' are attention getters. - Ever try using a Car rental discount coupon. - You will get more 'excuses' of why the coupon is not valid for the car you are renting.

My experience is that if you booked your Flight, Car, or Hotel through expedia - Any further discount because of age will be hard to come by. :(

I figured there would be a catch!

simple girl said:
I figured there would be a catch!
Another catch is that you'd be expected to travel with the 50+ crowd...

Expedia is good for finding the flight you want. Then go book it at the airlines itself ;)

Nords said:
Another catch is that you'd be expected to travel with the 50+ crowd...

That's not ALL bad.....a lot of the trips that I go on, I'm the "kid" (@ 49) :D I think the median age on most of those trips is around 75! The best part is a lot of them (in there 80's) say "Oh, my grandson is about your age....but I hardly ever get to see him....So here, let me buy you a snack/coffee/drink/etc." Why, sointenly!!! :LOL:

Besides, sometimes people younger than me, get on my nerves!!! :D

If you are checking a site and then are going to go back to it, you need to delete your cookies first.

I also used Priceline. com for the first time. I was able to book a car for about 1/2 the price that I was quoted using Cheaptickets or Expedia or whatever site I was in. I plan on using Priceline alot more in the future.

Back
Top Bottom