Does ANYBODY really care.....

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
So I'm sitting there waiting for my bone scan and they have day time talk shows on the tube. (BORING!!) Suddenly it is interrupted for live breaking news!! Some woman comes on and proceeds to spend the next 30 minutes telling the world how disappointed and disillusioned she is with public servants and listing 23 counts of perjury and false statements allegedly made by the mayor of Detroit.

Does anybody, other than some poor person stuck in Detroit, REALLY care?? I'm no fan of day-time talk shows, but this was certainly not worth taking whoever that was off the air. This could have been 15 second on the 6 o'clock news.

Daytime TV is awful. But this is a blessing. It will inspire me and countless others to do something else besides watch TV all day during the daytime, once we retire. :D

Many years ago Paul Harvey reported that 98% of the inmates in Mississippi prisons watched daytime tv. He said a team went in to conduct research and asked why. The prisoners responded they thought that was part of their punishment.
I remember listening to his show and immediately called a friend who lived in Mississippi.

Funny, recently I had to have some kind of scan done on my body (forget which it was now, I was getting a number of tests done) and I was injected with dye. I had to sit & wait at least 1/2 hour for it to get into my system. I brought a book with me to read. The technician said I should not read, because it would stimulate my brain cells, and they didn't want the dye concentrated on my brain. I asked if I could listen to my iPod, and she said no, music also stimulates brain cells. But, she said, you can watch TV... (no stimulation there!!)

True story, though I can't vouch for the accuracy of what she was telling me.

CJ

Daytime TV is basically an endless parade of personal injury lawyers occasionally interrupted by bad programming.

We'll sue your drummer, in perfect 4/4 time
We'll sue your manager, for his last thin dime
We'll sue the record label, hey now, ain't this fun
We'll sue your best friend, if you still have one.

It ain't no crime...
'Cause I'm...
A rock-n-roll lawyer...

O0

Austin Lounge Lizards/Don Peters

Daytime TV is basically an endless parade of personal injury lawyers occasionally interrupted by bad programming.

Now Ziggy, don't forget about the "Call us you if you are $10k or more in debt to the IRS" or JG Wentworth "It's my money and I want it NOW!" ads...

Zappa

I am gross and perverted
Im obsessed n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you cant look away
I make you think Im delicious
With the stuff that I say
I am the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin out
From your tv set

Interesting.

A few interesting replies, but none of you actually addressed the question.

Does ANYBODY really care whether the mayor of Detroit perjured himself and was it worthy of the tag "LIVE BREAKING NEWS!!"

Actually, now that I think about it, that probably just proved my point exactly.

I'm from the Detroit area (unfortunately) and no! I/we don't care other than the extent of wasted money. This Bozo's first term was under suspicion for
repeated fiscal abuse and his punishment was .... reelected to 2nd term by
the fine folks of Detroit. Millions upon millions of dollars have been spent and wasted and now we'll spend millions more trying to prosecute. At least other dregs and scumbags have had the decency to step down and let the people move on.

As far as interrupting daytime programming, you probably didn't think they
could lower the bar for quality? But that's nothing compared the barrage
we're being punished with from newspapers, TV news coverage, radio..etc.

Interesting.

A few interesting replies, but none of you actually addressed the question.

Does ANYBODY really care whether the mayor of Detroit perjured himself and was it worthy of the tag "LIVE BREAKING NEWS!!"

Actually, now that I think about it, that probably just proved my point exactly.

In light of Spitzer's hookergate, I think Detroit's mayor's problems are newsworthy, and much more interesting than Jerry Springer any day.

Back
Top Bottom