Done

jcretire77

Recycles dryer sheets
When finishing quick jobs at work we send an email with only the word done. Well today I am done. Both my DW and I took a voluntary severance and today was our last day of work. Rather anti-climatic after so much time thinking about about the next chapter of life. So to celebrate we bought her a Yamaha Clavinova digital piano and are going out for dinner. I am not sure how many times I was asked what was I going to do. My answer, nothing, no plans, de-compress and see what life brings.

I have and will continue to really enjoy this website. Thanks to all of the very wise posts that helped me to learn questions to ask, books to read, choices to think about. All very helpful. Good luck and Good Fortune to you all too

Congratulations and best of luck!

Happy "no more labor day" to you!

Congratulations to both of you!

Congrats! The decompression stage is short and you'll be feeling the stress off your shoulders very soon! Enjoy life!

Enjoying life!

Congratulations! Only thing better than a severance check heading into retirement is TWO severance checks heading into retirement!

Congratulations. Sounds like you may be mentally prepared for the Next Chapter.

First step: Sleep until noon tomorrow--and then watch television all afternoon. Just chill out.

Congrats Jim! Maybe I'll see you guys on the range this weekend? (I'll be w*rking Sunday and Monday :mad: )

I am not sure how many times I was asked what was I going to do. My answer, nothing but golf, no plans except golf, [-]de-[/-]compress the little white ball and see what life brings between tees & greens.

There, FIFY. :D

Congrats JC! Welcome to the other side. May your shots be long & straight and your putts always true. :dance:

Hope to hear from you often on "Golf Talk Tuesdays."

Last edited:
Congratulations! Soon you will be wondering why you waited so long. :LOL:

I hope you enjoy every minute of your retirement, as much as I have enjoyed mine (a lot).

Thanks everyone. On different plus side my DW's daughter starts her new job on Tuesday the day after Labor Day so someone will still be paying into Social Security!

Welcome to your new life of freedom! Enjoy every minute of your retirement and congratulations!

I'm on my fourth year of retirement (my work years never went this fast) and it just keeps getting better.

One word - LIVE!

And congratulations.

I am not sure how many times I was asked what was I going to do. My answer, nothing, no plans, de-compress and see what life brings.

Boy, did I get tired of this question. I started to feel inadequate if I didn't have an answer (and I didn't) like "Hike the Appalachian Trail" or "See the Seven Wonders".

Congrats! It's a wonderful thing being retired...I think if people knew just how fabulous it was, there would be a lot more people on the ER bandwagon!

Sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical errors.

Back
Top Bottom