Drama

Hyper

Recycles dryer sheets
Had to put up with so much of this drama crap when I HAD to work that my tolerance for it now is less than "0". Seems so many have had a tough time getting past grade school.

Does tolerance go down with FIRE? Not that I ever had a lot anyway.

After reaching FIRE some have more tolerance, some have less. Depends on the person and situation.

A little over two years ago I gave three months notice to my manager, and my tolerance dropped to zero. I just couldn't put up with the immaturity and politics with some of the people I worked with. Managers were the worst. The day I turned in my laptop and security badge my tolerance went way up for just about everything as my caring went out the window.

I thought I was more tolerant in RE but later discovered it was that I just give don't give a **** as much anymore.

Since reaching FI and being able to RE at any time, my tolerance has actually gone way up. The drama is now more a source of humor, as my attitude is "what is the worst they can do to me?" and the answer is "nothing at this stage". It has given me a more peaceful mindset and healthy outlook.

I don't know if it is age, ER, or what, but nowadays I look at some drama with a smile, when I was working it might have put me over the edge. Life is good. :)

Mine was mixed.... if the drama didn't affect client service I pretty much ignored it.... if it looked like it might affect client service then I would intervene.

Definitely as I get older I have less tolerance for drama or any other BS. One that I really have zero or less tolerance for is people's self-inflicted problems. Don't come crying to me about your problem that you created for yourself.

As for being FIRE status, it has changed my outlook at work since now I don't let it affect me. As I say all the time, my attitude is don't give a sh!t. I do a good job at my work and contribute my share or more. But I am not worried about promotion, getting involved with office politics or drama, and have no career aspiration goals. I am here for the paycheck and benefits. Basically every 2 weeks the company evens up the score.

One thing that I have also noticed, I have much less patience than I used to. I hope this changes once I am fully retired and not working. For now I want to maximize my time to do things I want, so unnecessary waiting is very hard to tolerate.

Had to put up with so much of this drama crap when I HAD to work that my tolerance for it now is less than "0". Seems so many have had a tough time getting past grade school.

Does tolerance go down with FIRE? Not that I ever had a lot anyway.

I find that I've reduced my usage of bold font... :LOL:

We've discussed downsizing and de-cluttering here many times, and I would include de-dramatizing in that as well.

My tolerance for drama in the office decreased significantly during my last couple years w*rking. In retirement, it's easier to removes oneself from the drama. Now I think I have a fairly high tolerance for others' drama (find it somewhat entertaining) unless they try to pull me into it, in which case my tolerance is near 0.

I think that I am very tolerant now - I care about the things that I have control over and really don't accept other peoples problems. I just don't think its productive so until they ask me to do something I just smile thinking that I only work part time and that is voluntary on my part.

I also find it comical what people find important. Work is SOOOOO overrated!

I'm finding that I have zero tolerance for the still w*rking people I know versus the more emotionally happy retirees. I do my best to understand that the currently employed are still stressed out on a daily basis, and I am not.
Call me selfish, but this is my FIRE and I don't need OPD (other people's drama). :nonono:
I let my feet do the walking away if it gets to be too much to listen to. Quite frankly, I view the grousing as noise pollution that I can filter out simply by excusing myself and getting out of hearing range. :D

I was surrounded by drama at w*rk. In the end it reminded me of 7th grade, politics, backstabbing and needless whining and crying. It's all so foreign today, like a nightmare I lived in for many years. I really have no idea how people start behaving so silly, but I watched and was part for years.

Today I still get phone calls from a few people telling me what's going on. No matter what it is, I'm polite and care about the person; I could care less about the insanity of the situation. So I assume I'm much more tolerant. Why worry, just be happy! Life is precious I want to enjoy the rest of it.

When I talk to somebody from my former workplace, I like to hear enough to validate that I'm still glad I'm not there anymore. Anything beyond that I find myself tuning out.

That's why I do online forums. They have ignore buttons. I had to use earbuds toaccomplish the same thing when I was w*rking.

"like a nightmare I lived in for many years"

Kinda how I felt at the time.

Getting close to FI (but not yet ER) I find my tolerance for waste and stupidity is much greater than it used to be. But my tolerance for anything mean spirited or hostile is just about zero, and I say things I would never had said before to shut it down whenever it starts.

Back
Top Bottom