Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-03-2020, 06:10 AM   #121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I used to have one, not so much any more, (in fact not for years):

Variations on a theme: Huge office, I seem to recognize some people; I'm apparently a sales rep again.

I have no idea what the company does, but someone, presumably my sales manager, hands me an enormous case file and says I'm late for a customer meeting.

I don't know who the customer is, or where they're located, but jump on a crowded city bus and start trying to interpret the file.

Look up...bus is empty except for the driver, and we're in the middle of nowhere with not a building in sight.

That's when I wake up and go "Whaaat?"

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2020, 09:22 AM   #122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I had a similar "lost and/or late" dream about work recently. Went to my office with my laptop and was wandering around looking for familiar faces or places, as everything looked different. The place looked more like the old office when I started the job, with cubicles and cluttered, pre-5S engineering stations here and there, but with new, young engineers walking around. I sat down at a desk and did something with some work files on my laptop, then started wandering around again. Then I realized I was lost and didn't know where my laptop was. A young man kindly guided me back to the desk I'd used, then the dream ended with a nice surprise: He told me that what I'd done on my laptop earlier qualified as work and handed me a check for $420!

I guess after a year some part of me still misses the feeling of paychecks coming in, though I get enough from my investment income stream, and my accounts have actually grown since I retired.
O2Bfree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
I used to have one, not so much any more, (in fact not for years):

Variations on a theme: Huge office, I seem to recognize some people; I'm apparently a sales rep again.

I have no idea what the company does, but someone, presumably my sales manager, hands me an enormous case file and says I'm late for a customer meeting.

I don't know who the customer is, or where they're located, but jump on a crowded city bus and start trying to interpret the file.

Look up...bus is empty except for the driver, and we're in the middle of nowhere with not a building in sight.

That's when I wake up and go "Whaaat?"

Variation on the "exam dream" but in this case, you walk in to workplace and have no idea how to perform the job.
jebmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #124
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmke View Post
Variation on the "exam dream" but in this case, you walk in to workplace and have no idea how to perform the job.
In mine I didn't even know what the job was.

Hold on....hold on..perhaps they weren't dreams but actual real life memories.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #125

These really tapered off 2 years ago. Got them almost weekly for the first 3-4 years.

After moving far away to SE Arizona this year, they’ve almost stopped. Now I get dreams involving all the remodeling we’ve been doing!