DW will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you are married, and especially after you have children, you degrees of freedom are heavily restricted.

If this concerns you, a good time to think it over is before you say "I do". And 2nd best time is before you take off that condom.

Ha

I'm really confused about this thread. People are referring to "junglejoe" as the OP, and saying he's a newbie poster. But I see the OP as papadad111 who has numerous posts under his belt. Did something glitch up and cause this to be assigned to papadad111 or something?

I'm really confused about this thread. People are referring to "junglejoe" as the OP, and saying he's a newbie poster. But I see the OP as papadad111 who has numerous posts under his belt. Did something glitch up and cause this to be assigned to papadad111 or something?
I was wondering the same thing. What happened?

I'll 3rd that, what happened? #1 post is now by papadad111 and not junglejoe.

Did something glitch up and cause this to be assigned to papadad111 or something?

I'll bet it wasn't a glitch, but an existing member caught opening a second account (a no-no according to the rules) to try to hide their identity.

Oops...

But I will admit to being wrong on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
I'll bet it wasn't a glitch, but an existing member caught opening a second account (a no-no according to the rules) to try to hide their identity.

Oops...

Ah, so this thread may actually become interesting after all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If OP is an existing member, I can certainly understand why he might have wanted to disguise his identity!!

Yeah, interesting. In another thread the OP said they moved to another country/city after retiring, and he is now going after an MBA and doing some volunteer work. Spending the time/effort to get an advanced degree in retirement makes little sense to me. But who knows what to believe? Entertainment, I guess.

Yeah, interesting. In another thread the OP said they moved to another country/city after retiring, and he is now going after an MBA and doing some volunteer work. Spending the time/effort to get an advanced degree in retirement makes little sense to me. But who knows what to believe? Entertainment, I guess.

I have to tell the truth even on internet forums...Retirement has turned my brain into mush and I can barely keep track of the truth, let alone lies....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya. The mods asked that I not post under a nom de plume/ nom de Guerre/Pseudonym. It was controversial but sheesh, it really blew the lid off the crock pot.

Then I had the notebook crash with the windows10 conversion.

Perfect good luck.

Can run but can't hide on here.

So, at this stage ..No ...W2R ... We are hopefully not headed for divorce. After 28 years of knowing someone there always are to be compromises and things we do not exactly like ....but we either accept those and let it go or resent them a little bit but move forward and choose to fight the bigger battles. We all face moments of adjustment and that's what makes a marriage strong. Compromise and understanding.

We are adjusting to a post-fire totally new life and to not hit a bump or two when going from earning to not earning was naive of both of us.

Some great advice and speculation from the 85 posts following my original one. Some comments were quite entertaining ..and some very good insight. But man.... Some of your minds are down right pessimistic ...

DW has worked out if the home off and on during the past 19 years ... Both in her field and other roles. Has not worked since moving here and since we officially FIREd--

The adjustment and reentry to life here after
1. living elsewhere has been painful and probably the
2. stress level of the kids not readjusting so well has triggered both of our outflows of unreasonable expectations ...anxieties etc.
3. Taking my first final exams in 25 years probably didn't help stress level.
4 Nor did retiring. Despite being busy and engaged in lots of stuff, I was not at all ready to spend any of our stash and am still struggling to not worry about money constantly!

5. It's all a series of huge adjustments and all at once , and we must be hitting the 6 month wall ....

Anyway. Some great posts and perspectives and Some real finger pointers too. It's all good - great to get outside perspectives. Great minds should at least be writing some good mystery fiction. Don't let that creativity go to waste !!

So the conclusion : I told DW that she didn't need to work if she didn't want to ... Take some more time to adjust. Another 6 months won't put us in the poor house. Of course she knows me too... And I was greeted with a hug and kiss and then a request to proofread her freshly updated resume, and that I was probably right that the best way for her to meet some new people here was to take on a part time role.

Thanks all ! I'm going to take the next hour to browse all the posts for more nuggets.

And what ever u do, don't try to sneak in an anonymous post !!! It drives the mods bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

Ya. The mods asked that I not post under a nom de plume/ nom de Guerre/Pseudonym.....

And what ever u do, don't try to sneak in an anonymous post !!! It drives the mods bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

The Community Rules for this forum clearly state the following: "Participants may only have one account unless moderator permission for multiple accounts is granted."

The moderators here do an excellent job - better than any other forum I know of.

You broke the rules - so man up and accept the consequences, rather than pointing fingers at the moderators.

I don't understand why the question couldn't be presented with the original papadad persona and with the information newly provided? People still took time to consider the issue with incomplete details through no fault of their own and to respond thoughtfully, very nice of them, imo.

Last edited:
3) Why do you have to pay for college for your kids? If they studied and did well in high school, they should be eligible for assistance with tuition. There is likely a local college where they can do the first couple of years of the basics. Calculus I to III at Podunk state really isn't that much different than Calculus I to III at MIT. They can live at home those years and save a ton on housing. I am sure they will complain, but kids today complain when they don't get the correct color I-phone for their birthday. They will get over it.

+1
Well stated.
OP can have his kids borrow for an education, you can't borrow for retirement.

Moderators evaluate each situation to determine what action, if any, needs to be taken, and implement only when consensus is reached .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom