Farthest points

In fact, the only cruises that have been on my mind are going down the Dalmatian coast to Greece on the Sea Cloud sailing ship in 2023 if we can, and a river cruise on the Rhine and Danube

We're booked on the Sea Cloud from Dubrovnic to Naples in June. it's been postponed twice. And a Rhine river cruise is on my mind.

-- Doug

Well, since the thread is already drifting, I should mention that for those looking at river cruises, you really need to watch the water levels in the rivers you're using. We had one once that turned into more of a bus cruise.

Water Levels on the Rivers of Europe

N: Longyearbyen, Svalbard; 79 degrees N
E: St Petersburg, Russia
S: South Island, NZ, somewhere on that road from Kingston to Te Anau. It's odd that this is only about 45 degrees S. Gotta go to Tierra del Fuego, I guess.
W: Blue Mountains, Australia
High: somewhere above 10000 feet in the Sierras in California, or maybe Haleakala or however high the observatories on Hawaii's Big Island are
Low: Death Valley

Remote: Barentsburg, Svalbard, for an actual populated place. I've been on some roads in Nevada where I was a little concerned about breakdowns, though, as I could easily think no one else was coming by for a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. North- Nome Alaska 64.5° N, 165° W
2. South - Buenos Aires 34.6° S
3. East - Sydney 151° E
4. West - Nome again.
5. Highest - Mt Diablo 3,849', Sierra are higher but don't remember that one's name
6. Lowest - Death Valley -282'

Been to only 6 of the 7 continents. Haven't been to Antarctic and don't really have a desire to go there

Back
Top Bottom