Fat FIRE splurge - Aside from Dream beach homes, World Travel, New Boat/Yacht, did a

Currently have a 2011 Z4 with the M engine at 335hp. I turn off the DSC on local roads and have some fun, plus the engine pops then on acceleration. Always had wanted a Lambo, but like you the Z4 will serve our cool car top down needs.

A 2001 Z3 Roadster has always served quite well for us. In all these years, I have never driven it with the top up.

DH and I have been married 40 years in July. We have had over 120 cars, some new, some used, some project cars to make some extra $.

We now have a 2000 Toyota Spyder convertible for our "sports car with the roof down", a 2013 Ford F150 to pull our travel trailer and a 2017 Honda CRV for our everyday car.

DH is already looking to get rid of the Toyota Spyder (we have had it 11 years) and upgrade our sports car. I am not looking forward to spending a whole day at the dealership to get one. Oh well, will soon be over 121 cars.

DH and I have been married 40 years in July. We have had over 120 cars, some new, some used, some project cars to make some extra $.

We now have a 2000 Toyota Spyder convertible for our "sports car with the roof down", a 2013 Ford F150 to pull our travel trailer and a 2017 Honda CRV for our everyday car.

DH is already looking to get rid of the Toyota Spyder (we have had it 11 years) and upgrade our sports car. I am not looking forward to spending a whole day at the dealership to get one. Oh well, will soon be over 121 cars.

3 different cars per year on average?
What new sports car are you looking at? Never was an American based sports car fan, but they finally did it right with the Vette.

Oh travel too. This summer I did 2 separate road trips one 11K miles and one 3K miles. Visited 18 national parks. I have no idea how much I spent as I didn't care. It was epic.

I really wanted to buy an airplane. After looking at the numbers, I decided to rent instead.
It is so nice to have someone to park it for you, gas it up, and clean the windshield:D

Been there, done that. I will say that the convenience of owning your own plane is pretty nice (no scheduling issues outside of maintenance) but it does come at a price. As my Dad used to say...if it flies, floats, or fornicates...it's cheaper to rent. :D

As far as owning a high end sports car, I would really love to have one but dealing with idiots on the road, speed limits, etc. would really zap the fun of it.

Lots of travel. Twice a year. Two months or more at a time. Plus some short ones in between.

Picked up a car that I had admired for years. A Toyota Solara convertable. It was summer driven only. I do the same. Would have bought an Audi or BMW rag top if this deal from the brother of an former colleague not landed in my lap. Our summers are short so it lives in the garage for quite a long time.

As DW said, why not?

Does this count?

Attachments

• 2001z3.png
    2001z3.png
    759.4 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom