Join Early Retirement Today

Fidelity wants Me and You to work for them
Old 07-11-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Fidelity wants Me and You to work for them

No pop up ad blocker. Seems Fidelity found out I am un-employed again. They suggest I should join them

I would not make it thru the first week of training as a Fund / security / Annuity ? Insurance , etc. salesman even if I seriously tried.

I might give a try at being a Stand Up Philosopher . Mel Brooks is 92 and still has his marbles. Bea Arther died a few years back .

I don't use the ad blockers. Actually useful in getting better prices on things I have been looking for.

Haven't gotten the pop up ads for Jet fuel lately. I guess they fixed the glitch on estimating my net worth.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

A friend of mine, also retired, has been touting Juice Plus on FB. Periodically she'll post about how she and her husband now have the energy to mow the lawn and then play 18 holes of golf, etc. She also posts 10-day "Challenges" to eliminate sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, etc. and replace some meals with- guess- what- Juice Plus products. Well, heck, MOST people would feel better if they cut out sugar, caffeine, alcohol. etc.

So.... she sends me a private message on FB. She asks if I'd be "open to a little part-time income, helping others to get healthy and an opportunity to build relationships". I tactfully told her no and that I'm not interested in challenges which require me to give up alcohol or caffeine. (My BMI is on the low end of normal, I do over an hour of cardio every day, but I do have my vices.) I also hate selling. She brushed that off and went into a long description of how great the products were and said "the residual income is nice". I told her that, without getting into TMI, I don't need residual income.

That stopped the sales pitches.
athena53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

so what is their health-care plan like ?

no one else seems to smile after they read ' chronic heart failure '
which is a shame because there are a few more interesting lines after that like impaired lung function , etc etc .

and what about funeral insurance is that included ... maybe if i swap out dental ( i have dentures ) that will sweeten the deal ...

LOL LOL

You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.

Samuel Levenson
Oz investor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Was there a "help wanted" part that I missed? I'm interested to see what they are offering.
HtownRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
She also posts 10-day "Challenges" to eliminate sugar, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods, etc. and replace some meals with- guess- what- Juice Plus products. Well, heck, MOST people would feel better if they cut out sugar, caffeine, alcohol. etc.
What is with posting 'challenges' for other people to take up?

I have acquaintances who post challenges for all sorts of things from a challenge to do 200 crunches a day, to pledging $5 a mile to somebody I don't know who is doing a walk for a charity I know nothing about. One guy challenged me to get 50 signatures on a petition to support a change in a law. HUH!??!? What next, water balloons at 20 paces to raise money for feral cats in Lower Slobovia?

I don't understand why all these people want to challenge me. Do they think I am going to eat some food, change my exercise routine or give money to a cause I know nothing about because I am challenged by somebody whom I know very casually?

Back on topic: Often these opportunities to make extra cash are just thinly veiled sales pitches. After you buy the product(s) and maybe a sales kit, you are stuck figuring out why in the world you want to spend you time annoying other people.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownRose View Post
Was there a "help wanted" part that I missed? I'm interested to see what they are offering.
I didn't click on it. Will if I see it again.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

I have never accepted any of these challenges, but I did post 1 once: the 30-day napping challenge - do you have what it takes? I definitely do.
HtownRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
What is with posting 'challenges' for other people to take up?

I have acquaintances who post challenges for all sorts of things from a challenge to do 200 crunches a day, to pledging $5 a mile to somebody I don't know who is doing a walk for a charity I know nothing about. One guy challenged me to get 50 signatures on a petition to support a change in a law. HUH!??!? What next, water balloons at 20 paces to raise money for feral cats in Lower Slobovia?

I don't understand why all these people want to challenge me. Do they think I am going to eat some food, change my exercise routine or give money to a cause I know nothing about because I am challenged by somebody whom I know very casually?

Back on topic: Often these opportunities to make extra cash are just thinly veiled sales pitches. After you buy the product(s) and maybe a sales kit, you are stuck figuring out why in the world you want to spend you time annoying other people.
Yeah, I don’t get the FB “challenges” i.e. tasks assigned.