first day of being FIRE'd

heyduke

Recycles dryer sheets
first day of being FIRE'd was pretty doggone nice... I could get use to this : )

unemployed and homeless is what I worked so hard to become...

Congratulations on your retirement!

I've been following your countdown to launch. Sorry, but I just about fell out of my chair laughing at the tow bar fiasco.

Don't worry - I suspect the pain will fade with time and become one of those legendary tales you tell, like mishaps on your wedding day (or in our case, an appendectomy on our honeymoon...).

Congratulations on your retirement!

I've been following your countdown to launch. Sorry, but I just about fell out of my chair laughing at the tow bar fiasco.

Don't worry - I suspect the pain will fade with time and become one of those legendary tales you tell, like mishaps on your wedding day (or in our case, an appendectomy on our honeymoon...).

turns out the missing part is he quick disconnect that roadmaster apparently assumed I had... glad I could make you laugh..

I was laughing with you, not at you.

Oh, and I discovered once you get your toad hooked up, it pulls much easier if you release the parking brake...

first day of being FIRE'd was pretty doggone nice... I could get use to this : )

Congratulations on your retirement! :clap:

Wait....you got up at 6 a.m.?......:eek: Well, I guess that's ok since you can take a nap anytime you want...

Congratulations! It just gets better and better from here on out... :D

I'm so jealous!

Not of you being ER'd - but congratulations on that - but your being homeless. We're gearing up to sell & it is getting quite intense ... almost like working.

Congratulations and all the best to you.

Congratulations! Don't stop an look behind you to see who is following.... you will get trampled.

I was laughing with you, not at you.

Oh, and I discovered once you get your toad hooked up, it pulls much easier if you release the parking brake...

You get more even tire wear too. Don't ask me how I know this

zedd

That reminds me of when I retired. We had sold our old house and (surprise!) the builder of the new one had been overly optimistic on the completion date, so we stayed at FIL's house for about 3 weeks.

At one point I said to DW that we were "unemployed and homeless". She didn't laugh.:(

Congrats on beginning the next phase!

heyduke - Congratulations
sHa_banana.gif

This is wonderful!!! Congratulations!

Stay close and keep us posted. I love hearing how folks spend their retirement. ahhhhh

I'm so jealous!

Not of you being ER'd - but congratulations on that - but your being homeless. We're gearing up to sell & it is getting quite intense ... almost like working.

Congratulations and all the best to you.

Same here! 5 years or so and we can kick...I mean gently nudge the kids out of the nest, sell the house and begin RVing around the continent. Congrats to you!! Now start a blog about your travels so I can live vicariously through you.:D

Retired AND full time RVing! You're my hero :greetings10:

You are starting the best part of your life! Congrats and enjoy!

I second the congrats. You make me excited......... about my turn later this year!

Back
Top Bottom