Five years of ER today!

walkinwood

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our first day of ER was May 1, 2008.

It has been a wonderful time and I thank everyone on this board who encouraged and advised me both before and after ER.

Our financial situation is very stable and I'm beginning to think that it will work out okay. But, we're still reminding ourselves that if it doesn't, there are worse things in life than going back to work after a really really long vacation.

Congrats! It must have been brutal to go through market crash of 2008/9 at beginning of your retirement. I'm glad you survived it and wish you all the best for many many more years to enjoy.

Congrats! Today also happens to me my anniversary date of retirement. For me it's been 25 years.

Our first day of ER was May 1, 2008.

It has been a wonderful time and I thank everyone on this board who encouraged and advised me both before and after ER.

Our financial situation is very stable and I'm beginning to think that it will work out okay. But, we're still reminding ourselves that if it doesn't, there are worse things in life than going back to work after a really really long vacation.

I am exactly 6 months behind you, pal. I ERed right in the thick of the economic downturn, although that ended up being a huge benefit to my ER budget.

I was not a member of this forum until 2009 so I could not share my joy with you at the time. But I have enjoyed my 3+ years on the forum since then and look forward to many more, as do you.

As with the first of every month, it is payday for me as the monthly bond fund dividends roll in to refill my checking account (with something left over, of course).

Congratulations! And glad it has worked out so well for you.

Thanks all.

The 08/09 downturn in the markets was scary and we worked part-time in 2010 for about 6 months. The stint back at work did wonders for our confidence and proved to ourselves that we could be flexible and do what needed toW be done to maintain our living standard. (I've written in more detail about those days in previous posts)

That's cool, walkinwood. Congratulations.

Way cool. Can't wait for my 5 year post. Hope it's as positive as yours. Congratulations.

Congratulations, Walkinwood.

Thanks for sharing the good news. As already said, it is inspiring.

The 08/09 downturn in the markets was scary and we worked part-time in 2010 for about 6 months. The stint back at work did wonders for our confidence and proved to ourselves that we could be flexible and do what needed toW be done to maintain our living standard. (I've written in more detail about those days in previous posts)

I remember when you posted about that. It actually had the effect of making me feel better about DH retiring in that it showed me that things aren't necessarily cast in stone and that people need flexibility.

Congrats! Today also happens to me my anniversary date of retirement. For me it's been 25 years.

Proof there is life after ER.
Congrats to you, walkinwood, and all the other successful ER's. You are an inspiration :)

Back
Top Bottom