Golf Talk Tuesdays 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp......rained all day yesterday so course is soaked once again. Might give it a try tomorrow but it will certainly be cart path only. I'm so tired of hitting off of mud I don't know what to do. Better than no golf I suppose.....

Winter and snow have returned to Boise. Probably a couple weeks before we are playing in mud.

Played 18 last Saturday - my cart died in front of the crapper on 13. We ended up being able to push it back (using Kevin's cart) to the cart barn. Turns out my charger took a crap so I paid $300 for a new one.

This weather is costing me :mad:

Last edited:
That's a bummer. Playing with taxes today, but did hit balls in to the Dura-Pro golf cage in the garage.

Welp......rained all day yesterday so course is soaked once again. Might give it a try tomorrow but it will certainly be cart path only. I'm so tired of hitting off of mud I don't know what to do. Better than no golf I suppose.....

I'm to the point of not playing when it is cart path only. Just isn't any fun carrying a half dozen clubs back and forth. One would be better of walking and carrying their clubs.

I'm to the point of not playing when it is cart path only. Just isn't any fun carrying a half dozen clubs back and forth. One would be better of walking and carrying their clubs.

I prefer to walk. The only time I don't mind a cart is when I'm in a slow moving tournament/scramble in the heat of the day...at least the cart provides some shade and somewhere to sit while waiting. The majority of my rounds are very early in the morning and I walk almost all of them.

I took a cart too often last year. I plan to walk as much as possible next year, already bought my own decent push cart (didn't have one last year and rentals are not much fun). I'll only ride when it's really hot, storming or when required (one league). Might as well get some exercise while I'm torturing myself with golf...

Scotland Golf Trip

Who’s taken a golf trip to Scotland & what can you tell me about it that would help me plan one? Some questions below but, feel free to opine on anything related. It would likely be me & a long time golf buddy.

1. Recommended time of year?
2. Length of trip?
3. Use a golf package outfit or plan trip myself?
4. Play all rounds in the same general area/cluster (I understand there are 3) or, travel btwn clusters?
5. How far in advance to plan? Is 6 mos ahead typically enough?
6. Favorite courses?

Last edited:
I took a cart too often last year. I plan to walk as much as possible next year, already bought my own decent push cart (didn't have one last year and rentals are not much fun). I'll only ride when it's really hot, storming or when required (one league). Might as well get some exercise while I'm torturing myself with golf...

All my golf friends ride so walking is out. I own a cart and ride to the course. Yes....I'm spoiled. Plus with our heat and humidity from May-Sept golf simply wouldn't be fun walking. I walk 9 early in the morning year round with the mutt tho. Just walking....no golf. ;)

I play four to five times a weeks and walk whenever possible. Since I retired in July of 2009 I have logged 5270 miles on the golf course. Most in one year was 920 miles. Most in one month was 111 miles. Yearly totals have dropped since we moved to Az full time. Just too darn hot once it gets to be 95 degrees by 10:00am.

Our course is relatively flat and a loop is 6 miles. I seem to play better when I walk...kind of slows everything down for me.

I prefer to walk as well but most of the courses here in Florida don't allow walkers until later in the day and it is usually quite hot by then. My home course is way to hilly to walk... even walking 9 holes with a pull cart is tough.

I am surprised that even taking 18 with a cart that I walk about 4 miles according to my vivoFit.... seems high to me.

I will be glad to be walking the course to get rid of the pizza and hamburgers that have added five pounds. The course that we play is in the Boise foothills. Uphill, downhill, sideways, etc. I played about 180 rounds last year, maybe half were nine holes when the back nine was being remodeled. Looking forward to good weather.

I will be glad to be walking the course to get rid of the pizza and hamburgers that have added five pounds. The course that we play is in the Boise foothills. Uphill, downhill, sideways, etc. I played about 180 rounds last year, maybe half were nine holes when the back nine was being remodeled. Looking forward to good weather.

I've got a tee time Sunday but it's not looking that promising, weather wise

39 on the front yesterday.... had hopes that I might finally break 80 on a par 72 course... but a double and triple on the back dashed those hopes... ended up with an 81... still a good score for me but a bit disappointing.

Played 18 this morning but course was set up as a par 3 due to soggy fairways. Not my favorite kind of golf but beats sitting indoors. This weekend is suppose to be sunny so maybe the course will dry out a bit.

Wanted to bump this to see if anyone has advice.

Who’s taken a golf trip to Scotland & what can you tell me about it that would help me plan one? Some questions below but, feel free to opine on anything related. It would likely be me & a long time golf buddy.

2. Length of trip?
4. Play all rounds in the same general area/cluster (I understand there are 3) or, travel btwn clusters?
6. Favorite courses?

2. Length of trip?
6. Favorite courses?

I too have been thinking of a Scotland trip with a golf buddy. I haven't gone yet but I've started to research it.

1. Summer is prime time
2. I was thinking of a 9 day trip (cost control)
2. The packages can be double the price of DIY. There are websites that can help you plan the trip.
3. I would suggest about 1 year in advance for tee times and lodging

Kind of off topic but has anyone had the pleasure of replacing the new style snap in golf shoe spikes ? I'll admit to being a little negligent and not replacing my spikes in a timely manner. Yesterday I damn near broke my wrist using a spike claw remover to get the old spikes out. Even reverted to U-tube for some guidance, which there isn't much. All is done and new black widow spikes installed but oh boy what a major PIA and about a two hour process.

Kind of off topic but has anyone had the pleasure of replacing the new style snap in golf shoe spikes ? I'll admit to being a little negligent and not replacing my spikes in a timely manner. Yesterday I damn near broke my wrist using a spike claw remover to get the old spikes out. Even reverted to U-tube for some guidance, which there isn't much. All is done and new black widow spikes installed but oh boy what a major PIA and about a two hour process.

This happens to me all the time - leaving the spikes in too long. What helps me is a gadget made by softspikes. Not sure of the name of it but it's a torque wrench for plastic spikes. Still need elbow grease but makes the job alot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom